Antitrust and Merger Policy: A Review and Critique
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hackbarth, Dirk & Miao, Jianjun, 2012.
"The dynamics of mergers and acquisitions in oligopolistic industries,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 585-609.
- Dirk Hackbarth & Jianjun Maio, 2007. "The Dynamics of Mergers and Acquisitions in Oligopolistic Industries," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-017, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Jianjun Miao & Dirk Hackbarth, 2011. "The dynamics of mergers and acquisitions in oligopolistic industries," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2011-029, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Cabral, Luis M. B., 2003.
"Horizontal mergers with free-entry: why cost efficiencies may be a weak defense and asset sales a poor remedy,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 607-623, May.
- Luis M. B. Cabral, 2001. "Horizontal Mergers With Free-Entry: Why Cost Efficiencies May Be a Weak Defense and Asset Sales a Poor Remedy," Working Papers 01-05, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Marcos Avalos & Rafael E. De Hoyos, 2008.
"An Empirical Analysis of Mexican Merger Policy,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 32(2), pages 113-130, March.
- Avalos, Marcos & De Hoyos, Rafael E., 2008. "An empirical analysis of Mexican merger policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4527, The World Bank.
- Marcos Ávalos & Rafael E. de Hoyos, 2010. "An Empirical Analysis of Mexican Merger Policy," Working Papers 0210, Universidad Iberoamericana, Department of Economics.
- Packalen, Mikko & Sen, Anindya, 2013. "Static and dynamic merger effects: A market share based empirical analysis," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 12-24.
- Marc Guyot & Radu Vranceanu, 1997. "Quelle réglementation pour le secteur de la Défense : l'expérience américaine," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 12(3), pages 167-193.
- Marie Goppelsroeder & Maarten Pieter Schinkel & Jan Tuinstra, 2008. "QUANTIFYING THE SCOPE FOR EFFICIENCY DEFENSE IN MERGER CONTROL: THE WERDEN-FROEB-INDEX -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(4), pages 778-808, December.
- Ghosal, Vivek, 1996. "Does uncertainty influence the number of firms in an industry?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 229-236, February.
- Dirk Hackbarth & Jianjun Miao, "undated".
"The Timing and Returns of Mergers and Acquisitions in Oligopolistic Industries,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
wp2008-022, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Jianjun Miao & Dirk Hackbarth, 2008. "The Timing and Returns of Mergers and Acquisitions in Oligopolistic Industries," 2008 Meeting Papers 12, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ornaghi, Carmine, 2006. "Mergers and innovation: the case of the pharmaceutical industry," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 605, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- John Lopatka, 2011. "Market Definition?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 39(1), pages 69-93, August.
- Goppelsroeder, M. & Schinkel, M.P. & Tuinstra, J., 2006.
"Quantifying the Scope for Efficiency Defense in Merger Control: The Werden-Froeb-Index,"
CeNDEF Working Papers
06-09, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Marie Goppelsroeder & Maarten Pieter Schinkel & Jan Tuinstra, 2006. "Quantifying the Scope for Efficiency Defense in Merger Control: The Werden-Froeb-Index," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-074/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Robert H Mcguckin, 1991. "Multiple Classification Systems For Economic Data: Can A Thousand Flowers Bloom? And Should They?," Working Papers 91-8, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1996. "Consolidation in U.S. banking: implications for efficiency and risk," Working Papers 572, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Majumdar, Sumit K. & Yaylacicegi, Ulku & Moussawi, Rabih, 2012. "Mergers and synergy: Lessons from contemporary telecommunications history," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 140-154.
- Juan Alejandro Gelves, 2010. "Horizontal Merger With An Inefficient Leader," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(5), pages 379-394, September.
- Steven Heubeck & Donald J. Smythe & Jingang Zhao, 2006. "A Note on the Welfare Effects of Horizontal Mergers in Asymmetric Linear Oligopolies," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 7(1), pages 29-47, May.
- Raffaele Fiocco & Dongyu Guo, 2015.
"Mergers between regulated firms with unknown efficiency gains,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 19(4), pages 299-326, December.
- Fiocco, Raffaele & Guo, Dongyu, 2014. "Mergers between regulated firms with unknown efficiency gains," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 464, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Ornaghi, Carmine, 2009. "Mergers and innovation in big pharma," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 70-79, January.
- José J. Sempere Monerris & Rafael Moner Colonques & Amparo Urbano Salvador, 1999. "Strategic policy and international economic integration," Working Papers. Serie AD 1999-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Bakker, Gerben, 2007. "Structural change and the growth contribution of services: how motion pictures industrialized US spectator entertainment," Economic History Working Papers 22314, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Joseph A. Clougherty, 2003. "Industry Trade-Balance and Domestic Merger Policy: Some Empirical Evidence from the U.S," CIG Working Papers SP II 2003-19, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Ornaghi, Carmine, 2006. "Mergers and innovation: the case of the pharmaceutical industry," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0605, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Joseph A. Clougherty, 2004. "Antitrust Holdup Source, Cross-National Institutional Variation, and Corporate Political Strategy Implications for Domestic Mergers in a Global Context," CIG Working Papers SP II 2004-09, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:1:y:1987:i:2:p:13-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.