From Parlor Games to Social Science: Von Neumann, Morgenstern, and the Creation of Game Theory, 1928-1994
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Robert J. Leonard, 1993. "From Von Neumann to Nash: Economics, Game Theory and Social Process," Cahiers de recherche du Département des sciences économiques, UQAM 9313, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- Robert J. Leonard, 1993. "Reason, Ethics and Rigour: Morgenstern, Menger, and Mathematical Economics, 1928 - 1944," Cahiers de recherche du Département des sciences économiques, UQAM 9403, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marchionatti, Roberto & Mornati, Fiorenzo, 2014.
"Economic Theories in Competition. A New Narrative of the Debate on General Economic Equilibrium Theory in the 1930s,"
CESMEP Working Papers
201404, University of Turin.
- Marchionatti, Roberto & Mornati, Fiorenzo, 2014. "Economic Theories in Competition. A New Narrative of the Debate on General Economic Equilibrium Theory in the 1930s," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201436, University of Turin.
- Sandye Gloria-Palermo, 2010. "Introducing Formalism in Economics : von Neumann's growth model reconsidered," Post-Print halshs-00726348, HAL.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2007. "Imperialism, Colonialism and Collaboration in the Social Sciences," Staff Papers 7356, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Becchio Giandomenica, 2009. "Ethics and economics in Karl Menger: how did social sciences cope with Hilbertism," CESMEP Working Papers 200905, University of Turin.
- Luca Lambertini, 2013.
"John von Neumann between Physics and Economics: A methodological note,"
Review of Economic Analysis,
Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 5(2), pages 177-189, December.
- Luca Lambertini, 2013. "John von Neumann between Physics and Economics: A Methodological Note," Working Paper series 40_13, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- L. Lambertini, 2000. "Quantum Mechanics and Mathematical Economics are Isomorphic. John von Neumann between Physics and Economics," Working Papers 370, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2010. "Axiomatic Basics of e-Economics," MPRA Paper 24331, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sandye Gloria-Palermo, 2010. "Introducing Formalism in Economics: The Growth Model of John von Neumann," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 57(2), pages 153-172, June.
- Philippe Mongin, 2007.
"Une étude d'histoire militaire instruite par la théorie des jeux et quelques amplifications méthododologiques,"
- Mongin, Philippe, 2007. "Une étude d'histoire militaire instruite par la Théorie des jeux et quelques amplifications Méthodologiques," Les Cahiers de Recherche 866, HEC Paris.
- Turan Yay & Huseyin Tastan, 2010. "Invisible Hand in the Process of Making Economics or on the Method and Scope of Economics," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 57(1), pages 61-83, March.
- Hammond, Peter J & Zank, Horst, 2013. "Rationality and Dynamic Consistency under Risk and Uncertainty," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1033, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Alessandro Innocenti, 2004. "Paradoxes versus formalism in economics. Evidence from the early years of game theory and experimental economics," Department of Economics University of Siena 433, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Yann Giraud & Pedro Garcia Duarte, 2014.
"Chasing the B: A Bibliographic Account of Economics’ Relation to its Past, 1991-2011,"
THEMA Working Papers
2014-09, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Pedro Garcia Duarte & Yann Giraud, 2014. "Chasing the B: A Bibliographic Account of Economics’ Relation to its Past, 1991-2011," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2014_06, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Schwalbe, Ulrich & Walker, Paul, 2001. "Zermelo and the Early History of Game Theory," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 123-137, January.
- Souza, Filipe & Rêgo, Leandro, 2012. "Collaborative Dominance: When Doing Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You Is Reasonable," MPRA Paper 43408, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Akhabbar, Amanar & Lallement, Jérôme, 2010. "Wassily Leontief and Léon Walras: the Production as a Circular Flow," MPRA Paper 30207, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:gam:jscscx:v:7:y:2018:i:3:p:40-:d:135412 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sandye Gloria-Palermo, 2013. "In Search of the Right Tool: From Formalism to Constructivist Modelling," GREDEG Working Papers 2013-33, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jeclit:v:33:y:1995:i:2:p:730-761. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.