European versus American Perspectives on Balanced-Budget Rules
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andres, Javier & Domenech, Rafael, 2006.
"Automatic stabilizers, fiscal rules and macroeconomic stability,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1487-1506, August.
- Javier Andrés & Rafael Doménech, 2003. "Automatic stabilizers, fiscal rules and macroeconomic stability," Working Papers 0314, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Andres, Javier & Domenech, Rafael & Fatas, Antonio, 2008.
"The stabilizing role of government size,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 571-593, February.
- Andrés, Javier & Doménech, Rafael & Fatás, Antonio, 2004. "The Stabilizing Role of Government Size," CEPR Discussion Papers 4384, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rafael Domenech & Javier Andres & Antonio Fatas, 2006. "The Stabilizing Role of Government Size," Working Papers 0603, International Economics Institute, University of Valencia, revised Jan 2007.
- Javier Andrés & Rafael Doménech & Antonio Fatás, 2007. "The stabilizing role of government size," Working Papers 0710, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Francesco Papadia & Gian Ruggiero, 1999. "Central Bank Independence and Budget Constraints for a Stable Euro," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 63-90, February.
- Herzog, Bodo, 2005. "Why do bigger countries have more problems with the Stability and Growth Pact?," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 40, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Azzimonti, Marina & Battaglini, Marco & Coate, Stephen, 2016.
"The costs and benefits of balanced budget rules: Lessons from a political economy model of fiscal policy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 45-61.
- Marina Azzimonti & Marco Battaglini & Stephen Coate, 2015. "The Costs and Benefits of Balanced Budget Rules: Lessons from a Political Economy Model of Fiscal Policy," Department of Economics Working Papers 15-03, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Long Xin & Pelloni Alessandra, 2011.
"Welfare improving taxation on savings in a growth model,"
0091, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Xin Long & Alessandra Pelloni, 2012. "Welfare Improving Taxation on Savings in a Growth Model," CEIS Research Paper 218, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 27 Jan 2012.
- Xin Long & Alessandra Pelloni, 2012. "Welfare Improving Taxation on Savings in a Growth Model," Working Paper series 01_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Martner Fanta, Ricardo, 2000. "Automatic fiscal stabilizers," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Andreea STOIAN, 2011. "A Retrospective Approach on Assessing Fiscal Vulnerability: Empirical Evidence for Overindebted European Countries," Timisoara Journal of Economics, West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 4(3(15)), pages 183-188.
- repec:got:cegedp:40 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hauskrecht, Andreas & Stuart, Bryan & Hankel, Wilhelm, 2010.
"The Euro-Project at Risk,"
23750, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wilhem Hankel & Andreas Hauskrecht & Bryan Stuart, 2010. "The Euro-Project at Risk," Working Papers 2010-05, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Hankel, Wilhelm & Hauskrecht, Andreas & Stuart, Bryan, 2010. "The Euro-project at risk," ZEI Working Papers B 04-2010, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Robert Ackrill, "undated". "The European Union Budget and the Importance of the Balanced Budget Rule," Discussion Papers in European Economics 98/3, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan, 2009. "Did the Maastricht treaty matter for macroeconomic performance?," MPRA Paper 30106, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jerome Creel & Etienne Farvaque, 2009. "The political economy of balanced-budget rules," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2009-06, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Alberto Porto & Natalia Porto, 2000. "Fiscal Decentralization and Voters' Choices as Control," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 3, pages 135-167, May.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran, 2009. "Did the Maastricht treaty matter for macroeconomic performance? A difference-in-difference investigation," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(3), pages 331-358, August.
- Rafal Benecki & Jens Hölscher & Mariusz Jarmuzek, 2006.
"Fiscal Transparency and Policy Rules in Poland,"
CASE Network Studies and Analyses
0327, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Rafal Benecki & Jens HÃ¶lscher & Mariusz Jarmuzek, 2006. "Fiscal transparency and policy rules in Poland," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 65, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Pierre-Yves Hénin, 1997. "Soutenabilité des déficits et ajustements budgétaires," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 48(3), pages 371-395.
- Ali Bayar, 1999. "Entry and Exit Dynamics of 'Excessive Deficits' in the European Union," CESifo Working Paper Series 216, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marco Battaglini, 2009.
"On the Case for a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution,"
2009 Meeting Papers
131, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Marina, Azzimonti & Marco, Battaglini & Stephen, Coate, 2010. "On the Case for a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution," MPRA Paper 25935, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amador, Joao L. M., 1999. "Optimal Budget Deficit Rules," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp385, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Popescu, Razvan-Florin & Prodan, Sergiu, 2010. "The analysis of budget rules and macroeconomic implications in several developed economies," MPRA Paper 25897, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:86:y:1996:i:2:p:408-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.