Domestic Violence: The Value of Services as Signals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hugo Mialon & Sue Mialon, 2006. "Violence against women, social learning, and deterrence," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 367-382, October.
- Juan D. Barón, 2010. "La violencia de pareja en Colombia y sus regiones," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO SOBRE ECONOMÍA REGIONAL Y URBANA 007056, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ECONOMÍA REGIONAL.
- Francis Bloch & Vijayendra Rao, 2002.
"Terror as a Bargaining Instrument: A Case Study of Dowry Violence in Rural India,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1029-1043, September.
- Bloch, Francis & Rao, Vijayendra, 1999. "Terror as a Bargaining Instrument : A Case-Study of Dowry Violence in Rural India," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1999020, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Bloch, Francis & Rao, Vijayendra, 2000. "Terror as a bargaining instrument : a case study of dowry violence in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2347, The World Bank.
- Robert A. Pollak, 2004. "An intergenerational model of domestic violence," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 311-329, June.
- Allen, W. David, 2009. "Interview effects in the reporting of domestic violence," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 288-300, March.
- Angelucci, Manuela, 2007. "Love on the Rocks: Alcohol Abuse and Domestic Violence in Rural Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 2706, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jofre-Bonet, M. & Rossello-Roig, M. & Serra-Sastre, V., 2016. "The Blow of Domestic Violence on Children's Health Outcomes," Working Papers 16/02, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Aizer, Anna & Dal B, Pedro, 2009.
"Love, hate and murder: Commitment devices in violent relationships,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 412-428, April.
- Anna Aizer & Pedro Dal Bó, 2007. "Love, Hate and Murder: Commitment Devices in Violent Relationships," NBER Working Papers 13492, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- César Alonso-Borrego & Raquel Carrasco, 2017.
"Employment and the risk of domestic violence: does the breadwinner’s gender matter?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(50), pages 5074-5091, October.
- César Alonso-Borrego & Raquel Carrasco, 2016. "Employment and the Risk of Domestic Violence: Does the Breadwinner’s Gender Matter?," Working Papers 201607, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Carrasco Perea, Raquel & Alonso-Borrego, César, 2016. "Employment and the Risk of Domestic Violence: Does the Breadwinner's Gender Matter?," UC3M Working papers. Economics 22575, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Juan D. Barón, 2010. "La violencia de pareja en Colombia y sus regiones," Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional y Urbana 128, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Salas Bahamón Luz Magdalena, 2005. "Transmisión intergeneracional de la violencia intrafamiliar: evidencia para las familias colombianas," REVISTA DESARROLLO Y SOCIEDAD, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE, October.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:2:p:1017-1031 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gustavo J. Bobonis & Melissa González-Brenes & Roberto Castro, 2013.
"Public Transfers and Domestic Violence: The Roles of Private Information and Spousal Control,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 179-205, February.
- Gustavo J Bobonis & Roberto Castro & Melissa Gonzalez-Brenes, 2009. "Public Transfers and Domestic Violence: The Roles of Private Information and Spousal Control," Working Papers tecipa-362, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Saikou Amadou Diallo & Marcel Voia, 2016.
"The Threat of Domestic Violence and Women Empowerment: The Case of West Africa,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 28(1), pages 92-103, March.
- Marcel-Cristian Voia & Saikou Amadou Diallo, 2013. "The Threat of Domestic Violence and Women Empowerment: The Case of West Africa," Carleton Economic Papers 13-05, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised 14 Dec 2015.
- Angelucci Manuela, 2008. "Love on the Rocks: Domestic Violence and Alcohol Abuse in Rural Mexico," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-43, October.
- George Saridakis & Sandra Sookram, 2014. "Violent Crime and Perceived Deterrence: An Empirical Approach using the Offending Crime and Justice Survey," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 19(1), pages 23-56, March.
- Donald Cox, 2003. "Private Transfers within the Family: Mothers, Fathers, Sons and Daughters," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 605, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Yoo-Mi Chin, 2012. "Male backlash, bargaining, or exposure reduction?: women’s working status and physical spousal violence in India," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 175-200, January.
- Guadalupe Kavanaugh & Maria Sviatschi & Iva Trako, 2018. "Women Officers, Gender Violence and Human Capital: Evidence from Women's Justice Centers in Peru," PSE Working Papers halshs-01828539, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:86:y:1996:i:2:p:274-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.