A Non-parametric Analysis of Productivity: The Case of U.S. and Japanese Manufacturing
A nonparametric analysis of technology, technical change, and productivity is presented in the context of cost minimizing behavior. A number of nonparametric tests concerning the existence and nature of technical change are applied to U.S. and Japanese manufacturing data. Nonparametric measures of technical change are presented. Copyright 1990 by American Economic Association.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 80 (1990)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/aer/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
- Kerstens, Kristiaan & Vanden Eeckaut, Philippe, 1999.
"Estimating returns to scale using non-parametric deterministic technologies: A new method based on goodness-of-fit,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 206-214, February.
- KERSTENS, Kristiaan & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1997. "Estimating returns to scale using nonparametric deterministic technologies : a new method based on goodness-of-fit," CORE Discussion Papers 1997013, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sofiane Ghali & Sami Rezgui, 2008. "FDI Contribution to Technical Efficiency in the Tunisian Manufacturing Sector," Working Papers 421, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2008.
- Wu, Zai Bin & Yeung, Godfrey & Mok, Vincent & Han, Zhaozhou, 2007. "Firm-specific knowledge and technical efficiency of watch and clock manufacturing firms in China," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 317-332, June.
- Jean-Paul CHAVAS & Thomas L. COX, 1994. "A Primal-Dual Approach To Nonparametric Productivity Analysis: The Case Of U.S. Agriculture," Staff Papers 372, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Thomas L. Cox, 1994. "A Primal-Dual Approach to Nonparametric Productivity Analysis: the Case of U.S. Agriculture," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 372, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul W., 1998. "Productivity growth in industrialized countries," CORE Discussion Papers 1998036, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "Productivity Growth in Industrialized Countries," Papers 9810, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Wan, Guang Hua, 1993. "Measuring Technical Change: A Simple Dual Approach," 1993 Conference (37th), February 9-11, 1993, Sydney, Australia 147899, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Tsur, Yacov, 1990. "Testing The Significance Of Deviations From Rational Behavior," Staff Papers 13267, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Bar-Shira, Ziv & Finkelshtain, Israel, 1997. "Nonparametric analysis of pooled production data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 173-178, August.
- Wheelock, David C & Wilson, Paul W, 1999. "Technical Progress, Inefficiency, and Productivity Change in U.S. Banking, 1984-1993," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(2), pages 212-234, May.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1996. "Technical progress, inefficiency and productivity change in U.S. banking, 1984-1993," Working Papers 1994-021, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Tybout, James R., 1991. "Researching the trade - productivity link : new directions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 638, The World Bank.
- Jhang, Kwang-soo, 1996. "Productivity performance in Korean manufacturing industries," ISU General Staff Papers 1996010108000017622, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1997. "LDC agriculture: Nonparametric Malmquist productivity indexes," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 373-390, August.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 2005. "LDC Agriculture: Non-parametric Malmquist productivity indexes," Development and Comp Systems 0502025, EconWPA.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1998. "Agricultural productivity in developing countries," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 19(1-2), September.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1998. "Agricultural productivity in developing countries," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 45-51, September.
- David Lambert, 1998. "Productivity Measurement from a Reference Technology: A Distance Function Approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 289-304, November.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1995. "Nonparametric tests of regularity, Farrell efficiency, and goodness-of-fit," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 415-425, October.
- Laurens Cherchye & Timo Kuosmanen & Thierry Post, 2001. "Nonparametric Production Analysis under Alternative Price Conditions," Public Economics Working Paper Series ces0105, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Laurens CHERCHYE & Timo KUOSMANEN & Thierry POST, 2001. "Non-Parametric Production Analysis under Alternative Price Conditions," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0105, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Kellie Curry Raper & Corinna Noelke, 2004. "Determining market power exertion between buyers and sellers: are nonparametrics a viable alternative?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(20), pages 2265-2274.
- Tetsuji Yamada & Tadashi Yamada & Guorn Liu, 1991. "Labor Productivity and Market Competition in Japan," NBER Working Papers 3800, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:80:y:1990:i:3:p:450-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed