Role of Parental Income in Educational Attainment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grossmann, Volker, 2008.
"Risky human capital investment, income distribution, and macroeconomic dynamics,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 19-42, March.
- Grossmann, Volker, 2003. "Risky Human Capital Investment, Income Distribution, and Macroeconomic Dynamics," IZA Discussion Papers 955, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Volker Grossmann, 2004. "Risky Human Capital Investment, Income Distribution, and Macroeconomic Dynamics," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_028, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Miriam Beblo & Stanislawa Golinowska & Charlotte Lauer & Katarzyna Pietka & Agnieszka Sowa, 2002. "Poverty Dynamics in Poland. Selected Quantitative Analyses," CASE Network Reports 0054, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Orazem, Peter & Tesfatsion, Leigh, 1997.
"Macrodynamic Implications of Income-Transfer Policies for Human Capital Investment and School Effort,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 305-329, September.
- Orazem, Peter & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 1997. "Macrodynamic Implications of Income Transfer Policies for Human Capital Investment and School Effort," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1683, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hoff, Karla & Lyon, Andrew B., 1995.
"Non-leaky buckets: Optimal redistributive taxation and agency costs,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 365-390, November.
- Karla Hoff & Andrew B. Lyon, 1994. "Non-Leaky Buckets: Optimal Redistributive Taxation and Agency Costs," NBER Working Papers 4652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David S. Lyle, 2006. "Using Military Deployments and Job Assignments to Estimate the Effect of Parental Absences and Household Relocations on Children's Academic Achievement," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(2), pages 319-350, April.
- Thomas K.J. McDermott, 2011. "The Effects of Natural Disasters on Human Capital Accumulation," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp391, IIIS, revised Feb 2012.
- J. R. Betts, "undated". "The impact of school resources on women's earnings and educational attainment: Findings from the National Longitudinal Survey of Young Women," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1108-96, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Kristina Nyström & Gulzat Elvung, 2014.
"New firms and labor market entrants: Is there a wage penalty for employment in new firms?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 399-410, August.
- Nyström, Kristina & Elvung, Gulzat Zhetibaeva, 2013. "New firms and labor market entrants: Is there a wage penalty for employment in new firms?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 319, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Plug, Erik & Vijverberg, Wim P., 2001. "Schooling, Family Background, and Adoption: Does Family Income Matter?," IZA Discussion Papers 246, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Betts, Julian, 1998. "Educational Crowding Out: Do Immigrants Affect the Educational Attainment of American Minorities?," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt8vt7f1bh, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Sawada, Yasayuki & Lokshin, Michael, 2001. "Household schooling decisions in rural Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2541, The World Bank.
- Todd R. Stinebrickner & Ralph Stinebrickner, 2000. "The Relationship Between Family Income and Schooling Attainment: Evidence from a Liberal Arts College with a Full Tuition Subsidy Program," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 20008, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Thomas K.J. McDermott & Frank Barry & Richard S.J. Tol, 2014.
"Disasters and development: natural disasters, credit constraints, and economic growth,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 66(3), pages 750-773.
- Thomas K.J. McDermott, "undated". "Disasters and Development: Natural Disasters, Credit Constraints and Economic Growth," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp363, IIIS.
- Thomas K.J. McDermott & Frank Barry & Richard S.J. Tol, 2013. "Disasters and Development: Natural Disasters, Credit Constraints and Economic Growth," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 13-03, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- McDermott, Thomas K. J. & Barry, Frank & Tol, Richard S. J., 2011. "Disasters and Development: Natural Disasters, Credit Constraints and Economic Growth," Papers WP411, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Yue, Changjun, 2015. "Expansion and equality in Chinese higher education," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 50-58.
- Weinhardt, Felix, 2010.
"Moving into the projects: social housing neighbourhoods and school performance in England,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
33612, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Felix Weinhardt, 2010. "Moving into the Projects: Social Housing Neighbourhoods and School Performance in England," SERC Discussion Papers 0044, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Hati, Koushik Kumar & Majumder, Rajarshi, 2012.
"Proximate Determinants of School Dropout: A study on Rural West Bengal,"
49756, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2013.
- Hati, Koushik Kumar & Majumder, Rajarshi, 2012. "Proximate Determinants of School Dropout: A study on Rural West Bengal," MPRA Paper 45850, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lauer, Charlotte & Beblo, Miriam, 2002. "Intergenerational Poverty Dynamics in Poland: Family Background and Children's Educational Attainment During Transition," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-34, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Qin, Xuezheng & Wang, Tianyu & Zhuang, Castiel Chen, 2016. "Intergenerational transfer of human capital and its impact on income mobility: Evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 306-321.
- Betts, Julian, 2000. "The Impact of School Resources on Women's Earnings and Educational Attainment: Findings from the National Longitudinal Survey of Young Women," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt6nx050kp, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki & Lokshin, Michael, 2009.
"Obstacles to school progression in rural Pakistan: An analysis of gender and sibling rivalry using field survey data,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 335-347, March.
- Yasuyuki Sawada & Michael Lokshin, 2007. "Obstacles to School Progression in Rural Pakistan: An Analysis of Gender and Sibling Rivalry Using Field Survey Data," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-484, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Stephen V. Cameron & James J. Heckman, 1999. "The Dynamics of Educational Attainment for Blacks, Hispanics, and Whites," NBER Working Papers 7249, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hartman, John Lawrence, 2007. "The Relevance of Heterogeneity in a Congested Route Network with Tolls: An Analysis of Two Experiments Using Actual Waiting Times and Monetized Time Costs," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt22b46341, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Carlos Cáceres & Carlos Chávez, 1995. "El Programa de Becas de Arancel Universitario MINEDUC: Antecedentes para una Evaluación," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 32(96), pages 165-198.
- Nam, Yunju & Huang, Jin, 2009. "Equal opportunity for all? Parental economic resources and children's educational attainment," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 625-634, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:79:y:1989:i:2:p:57-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.