Consumption: Beyond Certainty Equivalence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Summers, Lawrence H, 1981.
"The Role of Intergenerational Transfers in Aggregate Capital Accumulation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 706-732, August.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Lawrence H. Summers, 1980. "The Role of Intergenerational Transfers in Aggregate Capital Accumulation," NBER Working Papers 0445, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1998. "Irreversible investment," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 3-37, March.
- Kimball, Miles S & Mankiw, N Gregory, 1989.
"Precautionary Saving and the Timing of Taxes,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 863-879, August.
- Miles S. Kimball & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1988. "Precautionary Saving and the Timing of Taxes," NBER Working Papers 2680, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimball, Miles S. & Mankiw, N. Gregory, 1989. "Precautionary Saving and the Timing of Taxes," Scholarly Articles 3443105, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Hayne E. Leland, 1968. "Saving and Uncertainty: The Precautionary Demand for Saving," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 82(3), pages 465-473.
- Dreze, Jacques H. & Modigliani, Franco, 1972. "Consumption decisions under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 308-335, December.
- Hall, Robert E & Mishkin, Frederic S, 1982.
"The Sensitivity of Consumption to Transitory Income: Estimates from Panel Data on Households,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 461-481, March.
- Robert E. Hall & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1980. "The Sensitivity of Consumption to Transitory Income: Estimates from Panel Data on Households," NBER Working Papers 0505, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- A. Sandmo, 1970. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Saving Decisions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 353-360.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schwarze, Johannes, 2008. "Subjective Measures of Economic Well-Being and the Influence of Income Uncertainty," IZA Discussion Papers 3720, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jan-Oliver Menz & Lena Vogel, 2009. "A Detailed Derivation of the Sticky Price and Sticky Information New Keynesian DSGE Model," Macroeconomics and Finance Series 200902, Hamburg University, Department Wirtschaft und Politik.
- Garcia-Penalosa, Cecilia & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2005.
"Production risk and the functional distribution of income in a developing economy: tradeoffs and policy responses,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 175-208, February.
- Cecilia Garcia-Penalosa & Stephen Turnovsky, 2003. "Production Risk and the Functional Distribution of Income in a Developing Economy: Tradeoffs and Policy Responses," Working Papers UWEC-2002-07-P, University of Washington, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2003.
- Damien Echevin, 1999. "Nouvelles approches des comportements d'épargne et de consommation," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 324(1), pages 9-18.
- Jetter, Michael & Nikolsko-Rzhevskyy, Alex & Smith, William T., 2013. "The effects of wage volatility on growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 93-109.
- Hideaki Tamura & Yoichi Matsuabayashi, 2016. "Alternative Resolution to the Mehra?Prescott Puzzle: Verification by the Original Data," Discussion Papers 1634, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Meghir, Costas & Pistaferri, Luigi, 2011.
"Earnings, Consumption and Life Cycle Choices,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,
- Costas Meghir & Luigi Pistaferri, 2010. "Earnings, consumption and lifecycle choices," IFS Working Papers W10/05, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Costas Meghir & Luigi Pistaferri, 2010. "Earnings, Consumption and Lifecycle Choices," NBER Working Papers 15914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gomes, Fábio Augusto Reis & Ribeiro, Priscila Fernandes, 2015. "Estimating the elasticity of intertemporal substitution taking into account the precautionary savings motive," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 108-123.
- Atreya Chakraborty & Mark Kazarosian, 1999. "Portfolio Allocation of Precautionary Assets: Panel Evidence for the United States," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 432, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Johannes Schwarze, 1994. "Subjective Measures of Economic Well-Being and the Influence of Income Uncertainty," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 94, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- William Smith, 1998. "Birth, Death, and Consumption: Overlapping Generations and the Random Walk Hypothesis," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 105-116.
- Talmain, Gabriel, 1998. "An analytical approximate solution to the problem of precautionary savings," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 113-124, September.
- Rodepeter, Ralf, 1997. "Identifikation von Sparprofilen im Lebenszyklus," Papers 97-01, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Letendre, Marc-Andre & Smith, Gregor W., 2001.
"Precautionary saving and portfolio allocation: DP by GMM,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 197-215, August.
- Marc-Andre Letendre & Gregor Smith, 2000. "Precautionary saving and portfolio allocation: DP by GMM," Working Papers 1247, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Saving and Investment Task Force & Rodriguez-Palenzuela, Diego & Dées, Stéphane & Andersson, Malin & Bijsterbosch, Martin & Forster, Katrin & Zorell, Nico & Audoly, Richard & Buelens, Christian & Comp, 2016. "Savings and investment behaviour in the euro area," Occasional Paper Series 167, European Central Bank.
- Daniel, Betty C., 1997. "Precautionary saving and persistent current account imbalance," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 179-193, February.
- Smith, William T., 2002. "Consumption and saving with habit formation and durability," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 369-375, May.
- Atreya Chakraborty & Mark Kazarosian & Emery Trahan, 1999. "Uncertainty in Executive Compensation and Capital Investment: A Panel Study," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 434, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jan-Oliver Menz, 2010. "Uncertainty, social norms and consumption theory: Post and New Keynesian approaches," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 7(1), pages 125-146.
- repec:kob:wpaper:1634 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sidorenko, Alexandra, 2001. "Stochastic Model of Demand for Medical Care with Endogenous Labour Supply and Health Insurance," Departmental Working Papers 2001-08, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Paul Hiebert & Javier J. Pérez & Massimo Rostagno, 2002. "Debt reduction and automatic stabilisation," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2002/12, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Zhou, Yanfei, 2003. "Precautionary saving and earnings uncertainty in Japan: A household-level analysis," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 192-212, June.
- Fischer Black, 1989. "Mean Reversion and Consumption Smoothing," NBER Working Papers 2946, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Päivi Kankaanranta, 2006. "Consumption Over the Life Cycle: A Selected Literature Review," Discussion Papers 7, Aboa Centre for Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:78:y:1988:i:2:p:173-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.