The Relative Inefficiency of Quotas: The Cheese Case
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fay, Jon A & Medoff, James L, 1985. "Labor and Output over the Business Cycle: Some Direct Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 638-655, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beghin, John & Chang, Ruey-er, 1992.
"Differentiated products and supply controls in the analysis of agricultural policy reform: the case of tobacco,"
Blackwell, pages 301-315.
- Beghin, John C. & Chang, Ruey-er, 1992. "Differentiated products and supply controls in the analysis of agricultural policy reform: the case of tobacco," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 7(3-4), October.
- Beghin, John C. & Chang, R., 1992. "Differentiated Products and Supply Controls in the Analysis of Agricultural Policy Reform: The Case of Tobacco," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1574, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Moschini, Giancarlo, 1991.
"Economic issues in tariffication: an overview,"
Blackwell, pages 101-120.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 1991. "Economic Issues in Tariffication: An Overview," Staff General Research Papers Archive 814, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- GianCarlo Moschini, 1991. "Economic Issues in Tariffication: An Overview," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 90-gatt1, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- GianCarlo Moschini, 1991. "Economic Issues in Tariffication: An Overview," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 90-gatt1, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Mehrkens, Joseph, 1991. "Economic Issues in Tariffication: An Overview," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12751, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gast, Michael W., 2002. "Zollkontingente bei US-amerikanischen KÃ¤seimporten," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 51(4).
- Glazer, Amihai & Hassin, Refael, 1998. "Optimal allocation of quotas," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 55-61, January.
- Bee-Yan Aw, 1991. "Estimating the Effect of Quantitative Restrictions in Imperfectly Competitive Markets: The Footwear Case," NBER Chapters,in: Empirical Studies of Commercial Policy, pages 201-218 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ramos, Maria Priscila & Bureau, Jean-Christophe & Salvatici, Luca, 2007. "Shipping the good beef out: EU trade liberalization to Mercosur exports," Working Papers 7215, TRADEAG - Agricultural Trade Agreements.
- Jaime de Melo & David Tarr, 2015.
"Welfare Costs Of U.S. Quotas In Textiles, Steel And Autos,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Modeling Developing Countries' Policies in General Equilibrium, chapter 21, pages 451-459
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- de Melo, Jaime & Tarr, David, 1990. "Welfare Costs of U.S. Quotas in Textiles, Steel and Autos," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 489-497, August.
- Jaime de Melo & David Tarr, 2014. "Welfare Costs Of U.S. Quotas In Textiles, Steel And Autos," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: APPLIED TRADE POLICY MODELING IN 16 COUNTRIES Insights and Impacts from World Bank CGE Based Projects, chapter 2, pages 39-47 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- de Melo, Jaime & Tarr, David, 1988. "Welfare costs of U.S. quotas on textiles, steel, and autos," Policy Research Working Paper Series 83, The World Bank.
- de Melo, Jaime & Tarr, David, 1990. "Welfare Costs of US Quotas in Textiles, Steel and Autos," CEPR Discussion Papers 401, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1992. "How Costly Is Protectionism?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 159-178, Summer.
- Hutton, Eric & Whalley, John, 1997. "Reference point dependence and specification bias," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 75-83, August.
- Rucker, Randal R & Thurman, Walter N & Sumner, Daniel A, 1995. "Restricting the Market for Quota: An Analysis of Tobacco Production Rights with Corroboration from Congressional Testimony," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 142-175, February.
- David Hummels & Alexandre Skiba, 2004.
"Shipping the Good Apples Out? An Empirical Confirmation of the Alchian-Allen Conjecture,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(6), pages 1384-1402, December.
- David Hummels & Alexandre Skiba, 2002. "Shipping the Good Apples Out? An Empirical Confirmation of the Alchian-Allen Conjecture," NBER Working Papers 9023, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eswaramoorthy, K., 1991. "U.S. livestock production and factor demand: a multiproduct dynamic dual approach," ISU General Staff Papers 1991010108000010523, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lutz, Stefan H., 2002.
"The Effects of Quotas on Vertical Intra-Industry Trade,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
02-61, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lutz, Stefan, 2002. "The effects of quotas on vertical intra-industry trade," ZEI Working Papers B 24-2002, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Goolsbee, Austan, 2004. "Taxes and the quality of capital," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 519-543.
- Fuhmei Wang, 2011. "Who Bears the Burden of Voluntary Export Restraints?," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, pages 216-231.
- Robert J. Sonora, 2014. "All Economic Freedom Is Not Created Equal: Evidence From A Gravity Model," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 30-41, January.
- Beard, T. Randolph & Thompson, Henry, 2003. "Duopoly quotas and relative import quality," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 275-281.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:11:y:2005:i:2:p:163-173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Craig A. Depken, II & Robert J. Sonora, 2005. "Asymmetric Effects of Economic Freedom on International Trade Flows," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 4(2), pages 141-155, August.
- Hornig, Ellen & Boisvert, Richard N. & Blandford, David, 1990. "Explaining The Distribution Of Quota Rents From Us Cheese Imports," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 34(01), April.
- Boughner, Devry S. & de Gorter, Harry & Sheldon, Ian M., 2000. "The Economics Of Two-Tier Tariff-Rate Import Quotas In Agriculture," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 29(1), April.
- Stefan Lutz, 2005. "The Effect of Quotas on Domestic Product Price and Quality," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, pages 163-173.
- Gerald Berg & Eric Bond, 1991. "The welfare effects of import “subquotas” on heterogeneous product categories," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 251-265, October.
- Aradhyula, Satheesh Venkata, 1989. "Policy structure, output supply and input demand for US crops," ISU General Staff Papers 198901010800009909, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:75:y:1985:i:1:p:178-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.