Can We Sterilize? Theory and Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Hakkio, Craig S., 1981.
"The term structure of the forward premium,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 41-58.
- Craig S. Hakkio, 1979. "The Term Structure of the Forward Premium," Discussion Papers 404, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Craig S. Hakkio, 1980. "The Term Structure of the Forward Premium," NBER Working Papers 0426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Hodrick, Robert J, 1980. "Forward Exchange Rates as Optimal Predictors of Future Spot Rates: An Econometric Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(5), pages 829-853, October.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Robert E. Cumby & Maurice Obstfeld, 1983.
"Capital Mobility and the Scope for Sterilization: Mexico in the 1970s,"
NBER Chapters,in: Financial Policies and the World Capital Market: The Problem of Latin American Countries, pages 245-276
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Cumby & Maurice Obstfeld, 1981. "Capital Mobility and the Scope for Sterilization: Mexico in the 1970s," NBER Working Papers 0770, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Cumby & Maurice Obstfeld, 1981. "Capital mobility and the scope for sterilization: Mexico in the 1970s," International Finance Discussion Papers 187, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ouyang, Alice Y. & Rajan, Ramkishen S. & Willett, Thomas D., 2010.
"China as a reserve sink: The evidence from offset and sterilization coefficients,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 951-972, September.
- Alice Y. Ouyang & Ramkishen S. Rajan & Thomas D. Willett, 2007. "China as a Reserve Sink: The Evidence from Offset and Sterilization Coefficients," Working Papers 102007, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- M. Buch, Claudia & Hanschel, Elke, 2000.
"The Effectiveness of Capital Controls: The Case of Slovenia,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 15, pages 602-628.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Hanschel, Elke, 1999. "The Effectiveness of Capital Controls - The Case of Slovenia," Kiel Working Papers 933, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Reinhart, Vincent & Tashiro, Takeshi, 2016. "Does reserve accumulation crowd out investment?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 89-111.
- Michael D. Bordo & Barry Eichengreen, 1998.
"Implications of the Great Depression for the Development of the International Monetary System,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Defining Moment: The Great Depression and the American Economy in the Twentieth Century, pages 403-454
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bordo, Michael D & Eichengreen, Barry, 1997. "Implications of the Great Depression for the Development of the International Monetary System," CEPR Discussion Papers 1680, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael D. Bordo & Barry Eichengreen, 1997. "Implications of the Great Depression for the Development of the International Monetary System," NBER Working Papers 5883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:osi:chaptr:18-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- William H. Branson, 1984. "Exchange Rate Policy after a Decade of "Floating"," NBER Chapters,in: Exchange Rate Theory and Practice, pages 79-118 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards & Fernando J. Losada, 1994. "Fixed Exchange Rates, Inflation and Macroeconomic Discipline," NBER Working Papers 4661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Steiner, 1996. "La reciente afluencia de capital extranjero a Colombia," COYUNTURA ECONÓMICA, FEDESARROLLO, June.
- Mark P. Taylor & Lucio Sarno, 2001.
"Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective and, If So, How Does It Work?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 839-868, September.
- Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P, 2001. "Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective, and, If So, How Does It Work?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2690, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- J. Stephen Ferris & Hossein Kavand, 2008. "The monetary effects arising from stochastic resource revenues and the subsidization of financial intermediation in resource rich developing economies," Carleton Economic Papers 08-05, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Reuven Glick & Michael Hutchison, 1989. "Exchange rates and monetary policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 17-29.
- W. Lee Hoskins, 1985. "Foreign Experiences With Monetary Targeting: A Practitioner'S Perspective," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 3(5), pages 71-83, September.
- Jaromir Benes & Andrew Berg & Rafael Portillo & David Vavra, 2015.
"Modeling Sterilized Interventions and Balance Sheet Effects of Monetary Policy in a New-Keynesian Framework,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 81-108, February.
- Jaromir Benes & Andrew Berg & Rafael A Portillo & David Vavra, 2013. "Modeling Sterilized Interventions and Balance Sheet Effects of Monetary Policy in a New-Keynesian Framework," IMF Working Papers 13/11, International Monetary Fund.
- Virén, Matti, 1988. "Determination of interest rates in small open economies : A review of recent evidence," Research Discussion Papers 16/1988, Bank of Finland.
- Frenkel, Jacob A. & Mussa, Michael L., 1985.
"Asset markets, exchange rates and the balance of payments,"
Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 14, pages 679-747
- Jacob A. Frenkel & Michael L. Mussa, 1984. "Asset Markets, Exchange Rates and the Balance of Payments," NBER Working Papers 1287, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nouriel Roubini, 1988. "Offset and Sterilization Under Fixed Exchange Rates With An Optimizing Central Bank," NBER Working Papers 2777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kee Kuan Foong, 2010. "Managing Capital Flows: The Case of Malaysia," Chapters,in: Managing Capital Flows, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Drabek, Zdenek & Griffith-Jones, Stephany, 1998. "Managing capital flows in transition economies with a case-study of Central and Eastern Europe," WTO Staff Working Papers ERAD-98-04, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:72:y:1982:i:2:p:45-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.