On the Basic Proposition of X-Efficiency Theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Neil Baily, 1974. "Wages and Employment under Uncertain Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 37-50.
- Barro, Robert J., 1977. "Long-term contracting, sticky prices, and monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 305-316, July.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1975. "Implicit Contracts and Underemployment Equilibria," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(6), pages 1183-1202, December.
- Phelps, Edmund S., 1977. "Indexation issues: A comment on the blinder and Fischer papers," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 149-168, January.
- Grossman, Herschel I, 1977. " Risk Shifting and Reliability in Labor Markets," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(2), pages 187-209.
- Martin S. Feldstein, 1975. "The Importance of Temporary Layoffs: An Empirical Analysis," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 6(3), pages 725-745.
- Robert E. Hall, 1975. "The Rigidity of Wages and the Persistence of Unemployment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 6(2), pages 301-350.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1977. "Long-Term Contracts, Rational Expectations, and the Optimal Money Supply Rule," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(1), pages 191-205, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Neumark, 2004.
"Living Wages: Protection for or Protection from Low-Wage Workers?,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 58(1), pages 27-51, October.
- David Neumark, 2001. "Living Wages: Protection For or Protection From Low-Wage Workers?," NBER Working Papers 8393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andy Cosh & Xiaolan Fu & Alan Hughes, 2005. "Management characteristics, collaboration and innovative efficiency: evidence from UK survey data," Working Papers wp311, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Cordes, Christian & Richerson, Peter J. & Schwesinger, Georg, 2010.
"How corporate cultures coevolve with the business environment: The case of firm growth crises and industry evolution,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 465-480, December.
- Christian Cordes & Peter J. Richerson & Georg Schwesinger, 2009. "How Corporate Cultures Coevolve with the Business Environment: The Case of Firm Growth Crises and Industry Evolution," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-21, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Christian Cordes & Peter J. Richerson & Georg Schwesinger, 2010. "How Corporate Cultures Coevolve with the Business Environment: The Case of Firm Growth Crises and Industry Evolution," Post-Print hal-00911833, HAL.
- John Formby & James Keeler & Paul Thistle, 1988. "X-efficiency, rent-seeking and social costs," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 57(2), pages 115-126, May.
- De Hoyos, Rafael E. & Iacovone, Leonardo, 2013.
"Economic Performance under NAFTA: A Firm-Level Analysis of the Trade-productivity Linkages,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 180-193.
- De Hoyos, Rafael E. & Iacovone, Leonardo, 2011. "Economic performance under NAFTA : a firm-level analysis of the trade-productivity linkages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5661, The World Bank.
- Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2000. "Inefficient banks or inefficient assets," Working Papers 0005, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Dec 2000.
- Williams, Christopher & Lee, Soo Hee, 2009. "International management, political arena and dispersed entrepreneurship in the MNC," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 287-299, July.
- Xiaolan Fu & V. N. Balasubramanyam, 2003. "Township and Village Enterprises in China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 27-46.
- Ihsan Isik & Ugur Meleke & Ebru Isik, 2002. "Liberalization, Ownership and Productivity in Turkish Banking," Working Papers 0218, Economic Research Forum, revised 20 Jun 2002.
- Duncombe, William & Yinger, John, 1998. "School Finance Reform: Aid Formulas and Equity Objectives," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(2), pages 239-262, June.
- Cinzia Daraio, 2017. "A framework for the Assessment of Research and its impacts," DIAG Technical Reports 2017-04, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- Iacovone, Leonardo, 2012.
"The better you are the stronger it makes you: Evidence on the asymmetric impact of liberalization,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 474-485.
- Iacovone, Leonardo, 2009. "The better you are the stronger it makes you : evidence on the asymmetric impact of liberalization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4930, The World Bank.
- Beate Jochimsen, 2009. "Service Quality in Modern Bureaucracy: Parkinson's Theory at Work," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 44-64, February.
- Duncombe, William & Yinger, John, 1998. "School Finance Reform: Aid Formulas and Equity Objectives," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 2), pages 239-62, June.
- Andrew Smyth, 2016. "Competition, Cost Innovation, and X-inefficiency in Experimental Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 48(3), pages 307-331, May.
- Mª Pilar García-Alcober & Emili Tortosa-Ausina & Diego Prior & Manuel Illueca, 2014. "Cost and revenue efficiency in Spanish banking: What distributions show," Working Papers 2014/12, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Laaser, Claus-Friedrich, 1988. "Möglichkeiten der Deregulierung des Schienenverkehrs der Deutschen Bundesbahn: die Option des Wettbewerbs im Schienennetz," Kiel Working Papers 314, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Martin, Sheila Ann, 1992. "The effectiveness of state technology incentives: evidence from the machine tool industry," ISU General Staff Papers 1992010108000011381, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Justyna Brzezicka & Radosław Wisniewski, 2014. "Homo Oeconomicus and Behavioral Economics," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 8(4), December.
- Manevska-Tasevska, Gordana, 2011. "Efficiency analysis of commercial grape-producing family farms in the Republic of Macedonia," Department of Economics publications 8496, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:68:y:1978:i:2:p:328-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.