The Problem with Human Capital Theory-A Marxian Critique
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 65 (1975)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/aer/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
- Maria Ines Barbosa Camargo & Antonio García Sánchez & Mª Luisa Ridao Carlini, 2016. "Influencia de las ayudas financieras en el acceso a estudios universitarios: El caso de Colombia," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 11,in: José Manuel Cordero Ferrera & Rosa Simancas Rodríguez (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 11, edition 1, volume 11, chapter 4, pages 91-110 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Platt, Jonathan & Prins, Seth & Bates, Lisa & Keyes, Katherine, 2016. "Unequal depression for equal work? How the wage gap explains gendered disparities in mood disorders," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 1-8.
- Valérie Canals & Claude Diebolt & Magali Jaoul-Grammare, 2015. "Education, productivité et gain. Retour sur les approches critiques de l’enchaînement causal de la théorie du capital humain," Working Papers of BETA 2015-22, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Chiriboga, Douglas A. & Willis, Cleve E., 1977. "Human Capital And The Engel Curve For Health Insurance," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 6(1:), April.
- Tony Dobbins & Alexandra Plows, 2014. "Regional Economic Transition in Wales: The Role of Labour Market Intermediaries," Working Papers 14005, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Shaikh, Salman Ahmed, 2015. "A Comparative Study of Views and Role of Labor in Marxian, Mainstream and Islamic Economics," MPRA Paper 68750, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ionela Gavrila-Paven & Iulian Bogdan Dobra & Lucian Docea, 2013. "Analysis Of The Results In Implementing The Operational Program For Human Resources Development 2007-2013 For Center Region, Romania," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(15), pages 1-28.
- Barbara Weißenberger & Gero Holthoff, 2013. "Cognitive style and connotative meaning in management accounting communication," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 1-25, May.
- Gräbner, Claudius & Heinrich, Torsten & Kudic, Muhamed, 2016. "Structuration processes in complex dynamic systems - an overview and reassessment," MPRA Paper 69095, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brennan, Andrew John, 2013. "A critique of the perceived solid conceptual foundations of ISEW & GPI — Irving Fisher's cognisance of human-health capital in ‘net psychic income’," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 159-166.
- P. N. Junankar, 2003. "Estimating the Social Rate of Return to Education for Indigenous Australians," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 169-192.
- Albert Recio, 2014. "Educación y capitalismo en el análisis "radical" de S. Bowles y H. Gintis," Revista de Economía Crítica, Asociación de Economía Crítica, vol. 18, pages 213-219.
- Waltenberg, Fabio D. & Vandenberghe, Vincent, 2007.
"What does it take to achieve equality of opportunity in education?: An empirical investigation based on Brazilian data,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 709-723, December.
- F.D., Waltenberg & V. , Vandenberghe, 2005. "What Does it Take to Achieve Equality of Opportunity in Education ? An Empirical Investigation Based on Brazilian Data," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005055, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Fabio D. Waltenberg & Vincent Vandenberghe, 2006. "What Does It Take To Achieve Equality Of Opportunity In Education? An Empirical Investigation Based On Brazilian Data," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 89, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Jean Luc De Meulemeester & Claude Diebolt, 2004. "The economies of education: unkept promises?," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 47(3-4), pages 303-320.
- Jean-Luc Demeulemeester & Claude Diebolt, 2005. "The Economics of Education: Unkept Promises?," Working Papers 05-08, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Kakal, T., 2015. "A tale of two sisters : Investigating the socio-economic outcomes of teen childbearing in South Africa," ISS Working Papers - General Series 604, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Stefano Lucarelli & Daniela Palma & Roberto Romano, 2013. "Quando gli investimenti rappresentano un vincolo. Contributo alla discussione sulla crisi italiana nella crisi internazionale," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 66(262), pages 167-203.
- Annie Tubadji & Peter Nijkamp, 2014. "Altruism to strangers for our own sake: domestic effects from immigration," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(1/2), pages 11-32, July.
- Annie Tubadji & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "Altruism to Strangers for our Own Sake: Domestic Effects from Immigration," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-079/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Alla Kirova, 2011. "Evolution of the Human Capital Doctrine," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 4, pages 94-131.
- Noémi Berlin & Jean-Louis Tavani & Maud Beasançon, 2015. "An Exploratory Study of Creativity, Personality and Schooling Achievement," Working Papers hal-01227497, HAL.
- Amavilah, Voxi Heinrich, 2014. "Human Knowledge and a Commonsensical Measure of Human Capital: A Proposal," MPRA Paper 57670, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:65:y:1975:i:2:p:74-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed