Strategic Product Design under Duopoly
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Avinash Dixit, 1979.
"A Model of Duopoly Suggesting a Theory of Entry Barriers,"
Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 20-32, Spring.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1978. "A Model Of Duopoly Suggesting A Theory Of Entry Barriers," Economic Research Papers 269023, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K., 1978. "A Model of Duopoly Suggesting a Theory of Entry Barriers," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 125, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 2015. "Endogenous Horizontal Product Differentiation under Bertrand and Cournot Competition: Revisiting the Bertrand Paradox," NBER Working Papers 20966, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Irmen, Andreas & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1998.
"Competition in Multi-characteristics Spaces: Hotelling Was Almost Right,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 76-102, January.
- Andreas IRMEN & Jean-François THISSE, 1996. "Competition in Multi-Characteristics Spaces: Hotelling Was Almost Right," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie 9613, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- Irmen, Andreas & Thisse, Jacques-François, 1996. "Competition in Multi-characteristics Spaces: Hotelling was Almost Right," CEPR Discussion Papers 1446, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- IRMEN, Andreas & THISSE, Jacques-Francois, 1997. "Competition in multi-characteristics spaces: hotelling was almost right," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 1997053, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Irmen, A. & Thisse, J.-F., 1998. "Competition in multi-characteristics spaces: Hotelling was almost right," LIDAM Reprints CORE 1305, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Azucena Gracia & Jesús Barreiro-Hurlé & Belinda López- Galán, 2014. "Are Local and Organic Claims Complements or Substitutes? A Consumer Preferences Study for Eggs," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 49-67, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gábor Péli & Arjen van Witteloostuijn, 2009. "Optimal monopoly market area spanning in multidimensional commodity spaces," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(1), pages 1-14.
- Laurent Reynald-Alexandre, 2007. "Probalilistic duopoly with differentiation by attributes," Working Papers halshs-00587847, HAL.
- Ana I. Sanjuán‐López & Helena Resano‐Ezcaray, 2020. "Labels for a Local Food Speciality Product: The Case of Saffron," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(3), pages 778-797, September.
- Thomas Bittmann & Jens‐Peter Loy & Sven Anders, 2020. "Product differentiation and cost pass‐through: industry‐wide versus firm‐specific cost shocks," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 64(4), pages 1184-1209, October.
- Nicoletta Corrocher & Marco Guerzoni, 2009.
"Product variety and price strategy in the ski manufacturing industry,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 471-486, August.
- Nicoletta Corrocher & Marco Guerzoni, 2008. "Product variety and price strategy in the ski manufacturing industry," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-015, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Torshizi Mohammad & Fulton Murray E. & Gray Richard S., 2018. "Non-Linear Demand in a Linear Town," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1-12, November.
- Badruddoza, Syed & Amin, Modhurima & McCluskey, Jill, 2019. "Assessing the Importance of an Attribute in a Demand SystemStructural Model versus Machine Learning," Working Papers 2019-5, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Bet, Germán, 2021. "Product specification under a threat of entry: Evidence from Airlines’ departure times," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 75(C).
- Reynald-Alexandre Laurent, 2008. "Product innovation and imitation in a duopoly with differentiation by attributes," Working Papers halshs-00586867, HAL.
- Jeffrey T. Prince & Daniel H. Simon, 2015.
"Do Incumbents Improve Service Quality in Response to Entry? Evidence from Airlines' On-Time Performance,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(2), pages 372-390, February.
- Jeffrey T. Prince & Daniel H. Simon, 2010. "Do Incumbents Improve Service Quality in Response to Entry? Evidence from Airlines’ On-Time Performance," Working Papers 2010-15, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Davide Fantino, 2008. "R&D and market structure in a horizontal differentiation framework," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 658, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Jean J. Gabszewicz & Jacques-François Thisse, 2000. "Microeconomic theories of imperfect competition," Cahiers d'Économie Politique, Programme National Persée, vol. 37(1), pages 47-99.
- Reynolds, Travis & Kolodinsky, Jane & Murray, Byron, 2012. "Consumer preferences and willingness to pay for compact fluorescent lighting: Policy implications for energy efficiency promotion in Saint Lucia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 712-722.
- Abdullah, Sabah & Mariel, Petr, 2010.
"Choice experiment study on the willingness to pay to improve electricity services,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4570-4581, August.
- Sabah Abdulla & P Mariel, 2009. "Choice Experiment Study on the Wilingness to Pay to Improve Electricity Services," Department of Economics Working Papers 15/09, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Czajkowski, Mikołaj & Zagórska, Katarzyna & Letki, Natalia & Tryjanowski, Piotr & Wąs, Adam, 2021.
"Drivers of farmers’ willingness to adopt extensive farming practices in a globally important bird area,"
Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Mikołaj Czajkowski & Katarzyna Zagórska & Natalia Letki & Piotr Tryjanowski & Adam Wąs, 2019. "Drivers of farmers’ willingness to adopt extensive farming practices in a globally important bird area," Working Papers 2019-06, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Rebecca Boehm & Hannah Kitchel & Selena Ahmed & Anaya Hall & Colin M. Orians & John Richard Stepp & Al Robbat, Jr. & Timothy S. Griffin & Sean B. Cash, 2019. "Is Agricultural Emissions Mitigation on the Menu for Tea Drinkers?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-20, September.
- Anil Arya & Brian Mittendorf, 2018. "Endogenous timing when a vertically integrated producer supplies a rival," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 105-123, October.
- Hyowon Kim & Dong Soo Kim & Greg M. Allenby, 2020. "Benefit Formation and Enhancement," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 419-468, December.
- Hussain, Salman, 2006. "Co-regulation and voluntarism in the provision of food safety: lessons from institutional economics," Working Papers 45996, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Foros, Øystein & Kind, Hans Jarle, 2012.
"Product quality, competition, and multi-purchasing,"
2012/9, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Anderson, Simon P & Foros, Øystein & Kind, Hans Jarle, 2012. "Product quality, competition, and multi-purchasing," CEPR Discussion Papers 8923, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsHorizontal Product Differentiation; Lancasterian Characteristics.;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adr:anecst:y:2018:i:131:p:25-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ensaefr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Secretariat General or Laurent Linnemer (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ensaefr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.