Bedürfnisse von Existenzgründern in der Gründungsphase
Abstract-- Start-ups are a dominant factor for the economic development of a country. However, the foundation of a company is a complex procedure and many start-ups fail. External support is available from many sources as e.g. business angels, tax advisors, chambers of industry and commerce, banks and venture capitalists. Here, the main question is, which needs do the company founders really have and which external source is preferred for a support of these needs. To answer this question an empirical study was conducted, questioning company founders. The results show that the needs of company founders for external support are on an average level. If the company founders require external help, they prefer different sources. Thus, regional networks of different actors should be set up to support the process of setting up a company. This enhances the chances of the external actors and the company founder to set up a sustainable successful collaboration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Frankfurt School of Finance and Management in its series Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series with number 173.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
entrepreneurship; analysis of needs; empirical study;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2011-11-07 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GER-2011-11-07 (German Papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno, Albert V. & Leidecker, Joel K. & Harder, Joseph W., 1987. "Why firms fail," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 50-58.
- Delmar, Frederic & Shane, Scott, 2004. "Legitimating first: organizing activities and the survival of new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 385-410, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.