Optimal bidding strategies on the power market based on the stochastic models
AbstractIn this paper we concentrate on power producers’ strategies on the electricity market with contracts and Asian-type call options for power delivery. We propose stochastic asymmetric supply function equilibrium and Cournot models that are based on the assumption of the stochastic behavior of electricity prices. We demonstrate how in this stochastic case the considered derivatives influence on the power producers’ profits. In order to demonstrate theoretical results to the analysis we use the real electricity prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology in its series HSC Research Reports with number HSC/10/06.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in the Proceedings of the Modern Electric Power Systems MEPS'10 International Symposium, September 20-22, 2010, Wroc³aw, Poland.
Power market; Supply function equilibrium; Cournot model; option for power delivery;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ross Baldick & Ryan Grant & Edward Kahn, 2004. "Theory and Application of Linear Supply Function Equilibrium in Electricity Markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 143-167, 03.
- Klemperer, Paul D & Meyer, Margaret A, 1989. "Supply Function Equilibria in Oligopoly under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1243-77, November.
- Green, Richard, 1999. "The Electricity Contract Market in England and Wales," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 107-24, March.
- Magdalena Borgosz-Koczwara & Aleksander Weron & Agnieszka Wyłomańska, 2009. "Stochastic models for bidding strategies on oligopoly electricity market," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 69(3), pages 579-592, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafal Weron).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.