Desenvolvimento Rural na Sociedade do Conhecimento
AbstractGlobalization has a concrete territorial expression, with remaining regional asymmetries. Writers in growth and development are far away to achieve consensus about the underpinning reasons of heterogeneity in regional performance. This constitutes an important regional policy issue. This paper is based upon a concrete developing planning experience in a Portuguese rural and peripheral region. The aim of this paper is to build a methodological and procedural setup enabling to mobilize economic agents in order to use the new knowledge-based technologies. In fact, we think that this kind of methodology provides a better decision environment to take advantage and promote new business opportunities, increasing existent firm competitiveness.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Urban/Regional with number 0205001.
Date of creation: 25 Feb 2002
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Strategy; Rural Development; Institucional Networks;
Other versions of this item:
- Pedro carvalho & João Leitão & Andrea Silva, 2001. "Desenvolvimento Rural na Sociedade do Conhecimento," Working Papers de GestÃ£o, Economia e Marketing (Management, Economics and Marketing Working Papers) 11/2001, Universidade da Beira Interior, Departamento de Gestão e Economia (Portugal).
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- R5 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-06-13 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joao Ferreira & Joao Leitao & Mario Raposo, 2005. "Competitive Advantages of the Beira Interior (Portugal): A TOWS Approach," Development and Comp Systems 0509022, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.