Asymptotic Inference about Predictive Ability, An Additional Appendix
Abstractsmooth functions of out of sample predictions and prediction errors, when there is a long time series of predictions and realizations, and each prediction is based on regression parameters estimated from a long time series. The aim is to provide tools for inference about predictive accuracy and efficiency, and, more generally, about predictive ability. The paper allows for nonlinear models and estimators, as well as for possible dependence of predictions and prediction errors on estimated regression parameters. Simulations indicate that the procedures work well. This additional appendix contains material omitted from the body of the paper to save space; additional simulation results, proofs, and additional references.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Macroeconomics with number 9410003.
Date of creation: 24 Oct 1994
Date of revision:
Note: This is an appendix to SSRI Working Paper 9417, Asymptotic Inference about Predictive Ability
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Inoue, Atsushi & Rossi, Barbara, 2011.
"Out-of-Sample Forecast Tests Robust to the Choice of Window Size,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8542, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara Rossi & Atsushi Inoue, 2012. "Out-of-Sample Forecast Tests Robust to the Choice of Window Size," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 432-453, April.
- Barbara Rossi & Atsushi Inoue, 2012. "Out-of-sample forecast tests robust to the choice of window size," Economics Working Papers 1404, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Barbara Rossi & Atsushi Inoue, 2011. "Out-of-sample forecast tests robust to the choice of window size," Working Papers 11-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Barbara Rossi & Tatevik Sekhposyan, 2010.
"Understanding Models' Forecasting Performance,"
10-56, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Chinn, Menzie D. & Meese, Richard A., 1995. "Banking on currency forecasts: How predictable is change in money?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 161-178, February.
- Lin, Wen-Ling, 1995. "Market closure and predictability of intradaily stock returns in the United States and Japan," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 19-44, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.