The effectiveness and usefulness for commodity-dependent countries of new tools in commodity markets: risk management and collateralized finance
AbstractThis paper describes the experiences of developing country enterprises, farmers and governments with commodity price risk management and various forms of structured finance. It explores the constraints that these entities face in using modern financial markets, including counterparty and sovereign risk obstacles, and problems in their legal and regulatory framework. Various schemes to overcome such obstacles are examined.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0301003.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 03 Jan 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 18; figures: included. pdf file
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
commodity futures market; futures; options; risk management; structured finance; warehouse receipts; securitization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-01-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2003-01-05 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-FIN-2003-01-05 (Finance)
- NEP-MFD-2003-01-05 (Microfinance)
- NEP-RMG-2003-01-05 (Risk Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.