Multifractal analysis of Power Markets. Some empirical evidence
AbstractThis work is intended to offer a comparative analysis of the statistical properties of hourly prices in the day–ahead electricity markets of several countries. Starting from the intermittent nature of typical price fluctuations in many power markets, we will provide evidence that working into a stochastic multifractal analysis framework can be of help to asses typical features of day–ahead market prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 0410002.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: 03 Oct 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 11
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Multifractals; Hurst Coefficient; Power Markets;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mihaela Manoliu & Stathis Tompaidis, 2002. "Energy futures prices: term structure models with Kalman filter estimation," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 21-43.
- Kantelhardt, Jan W. & Zschiegner, Stephan A. & Koscielny-Bunde, Eva & Havlin, Shlomo & Bunde, Armin & Stanley, H.Eugene, 2002. "Multifractal detrended fluctuation analysis of nonstationary time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 316(1), pages 87-114.
- Di Matteo, T. & Aste, T. & Dacorogna, M.M., 2003. "Scaling behaviors in differently developed markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 183-188.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.