A SETAR model with long-memory dynamics
AbstractThis paper presents a 2-regime SETAR model where the process under examination is governed by a long-memory process in the first regime and a short-memory process in the second regime. Persistence properties are studied and methods for locating the threshold parameter are proposed. Such a process presents a useful application to financial data and is applied to stock indices and individual assets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 0309002.
Date of creation: 04 Sep 2003
Date of revision:
Note: pdf file
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-09-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2003-09-08 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2003-09-08 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FIN-2003-09-08 (Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2003-09-08 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-RMG-2003-09-08 (Risk Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferrara, Laurent & Guégan, Dominique, 2005.
"Detection of the industrial business cycle using SETAR models,"
4389, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laurent Ferrara & Dominique Guégan, 2005. "Detection of the Industrial Business Cycle using SETAR Models," Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis, OECD Publishing,CIRET, vol. 2005(3), pages 353-371.
- Dominique Guegan & Laurent Ferrara, 2005. "Detection of the Industrial Business Cycle using SETAR models," Post-Print halshs-00201309, HAL.
- Heni Boubaker & Nadia Sghaier, 2014. "Wavelet based Estimation of Time- Varying Long Memory Model with Nonlinear Fractional Integration Parameter," Working Papers 2014-284, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00185373 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kuswanto, Heri & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2008. "A Study on "Spurious Long Memory in Nonlinear Time Series Models"," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-410, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00185369 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.