A SETAR model with long-memory dynamics
AbstractThis paper presents a 2-regime SETAR model where the process under examination is governed by a long-memory process in the first regime and a short-memory process in the second regime. Persistence properties are studied and methods for locating the threshold parameter are proposed. Such a process presents a useful application to financial data and is applied to stock indices and individual assets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 0309002.
Date of creation: 04 Sep 2003
Date of revision:
Note: pdf file
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-09-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2003-09-08 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2003-09-08 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FIN-2003-09-08 (Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2003-09-08 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-RMG-2003-09-08 (Risk Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gilles Dufrenot & Dominique Guegan & Anne Peguin-Feissolle, 2008. "Changing-regime volatility: A fractionally integrated SETAR model," Post-Print halshs-00185369, HAL.
- Laurent Ferrara & Dominique Guégan, 2005.
"Detection of the Industrial Business Cycle using SETAR Models,"
Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis,
OECD Publishing,CIRET, vol. 2005(3), pages 353-371.
- Ferrara, Laurent & Guégan, Dominique, 2005. "Detection of the industrial business cycle using SETAR models," MPRA Paper 4389, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dominique Guegan & Laurent Ferrara, 2005. "Detection of the Industrial Business Cycle using SETAR models," Post-Print halshs-00201309, HAL.
- Kuswanto, Heri & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2008. "A Study on "Spurious Long Memory in Nonlinear Time Series Models"," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-410, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Dominique Guegan, 2011. "Contagion Between the Financial Sphere and the Real Economy. Parametric and non Parametric Tools: A Comparison," Post-Print halshs-00185373, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.