Information Systems and the Organization of Modern Enterprise
AbstractIn this short paper we briefly discuss the newly emerging organizational paradigms and their relationship to the prevailing trends in information technology (IT). We argue that IT is an important driver of this transformation. Finally, we place the studies selected for the special issue of the Journal of Organizational Computing within this context.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by MIT Center for Coordination Science in its series Working Paper Series with number 200.
Date of creation: Sep 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://ccs.mit.edu/wpmenu.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Piva, Mariacristina & Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 2003.
"The Skill Bias Effect of Technological and Organisational Change: Evidence and Policy Implications,"
IZA Discussion Papers
934, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Piva, Mariacristina & Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 2005. "The skill bias effect of technological and organisational change: Evidence and policy implications," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 141-157, March.
- M. Piva & E. Santarelli & M. Vivarelli, 2003. "The Skill Bias Effect of Technological and Organisational Change: Evidenceand Policy Implications," Working Papers 486, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Andrew McAfee & Michael Sorell & Feng Zhu, 2007. "Scale without mass: business process replication and industry dynamics," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov.
- Mariacristina Piva & Enrico Santarelli & Marco Vivarelli, 2004. "Technological and Organizational Changes as Determinants of the Skill Bias: Evidence from a Panel of Italian Firms," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-03, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Takahito Kanamori & Kazuyuki Motohashi, 2006. "Centralization or Decentralization of Decision Rights? Impact on IT Performance of Firms," Discussion papers 06032, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Bahar Kenaroglu, 2003. "Implications of Information Technology in Developing Countries and Its Impact in Organizational Change," STPS Working Papers 0302, STPS - Science and Technology Policy Studies Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Feb 2003.
- Michael Christensen & Thorbjørn Knudsen, 2006. "Evaluation of Uncertain International Markets The Advantage of Flexible Organization Structures," DRUID Working Papers 06-04, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Christoff Loch, 1995. "Collaboration, Motivation, and the Size of Organizations," Working Papers _005, Xerox Research Park.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.