Quadratic Pareto Race
AbstractThis paper presents a dynamic and visual "free search" type of a decision support system - Quadratic Pareto Race, which enables a decision maker (DM) to freely search the efficient frontier of a multiple objective quadratic-linear programming problem by controlling the speed and direction of motion. The values of the objective functions are presented in a numeric form and as bar graphs on a display. The implementation of Quadratic Pareto Race is based on the theoretical foundations developed by Korhonen and Yu (1996). The system is implemented on a microcomputer and illustrated using a numerical example.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis in its series Working Papers with number ir97058.
Date of creation: Sep 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: A-2361 Laxenburg
Web page: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Publications/Catalog/PUB_ONLINE.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karaivanova, Jasmina & Korhonen, Pekka & Narula, Subhash & Wallenius, Jyrki & Vassilev, Vassil, 1995. "A reference direction approach to multiple objective integer linear programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 176-187, February.
- Korhonen, Pekka & Soismaa, Margareta, 1988. "A multiple criteria model for pricing alcoholic beverages," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 165-175, November.
- Korhonen, Pekka J. & Laakso, Jukka, 1986. "A visual interactive method for solving the multiple criteria problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 277-287, February.
- Korhonen, Pekka & Yu, GuangYuan, 1997. "A reference direction approach to multiple objective quadratic-linear programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 601-610, November.
- Korhonen, Pekka & Yu, GuangYuan, 1998. "On computing objective function values in multiple objective quadratic-linear programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 184-190, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.