On equilibria in duopolies with finite strategy spaces
AbstractWe will call a game a reachable (pure strategy) equilibria game if starting from any strategy by any player, by a sequence of best-response moves we are able to reach a (pure strategy) equilibrium. We give a characterization of all finite strategy space duopolies with reachable equilibria. We describe some applications of the sufficient conditions of the characterization.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra in its series Economics Working Papers with number 701.
Date of creation: Jul 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.upf.edu/
duopoly; equilibria; revenue management; discrete-choice theory;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2004-05-26 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-MIC-2004-05-26 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kalyan Talluri & Garrett van Ryzin, 2000. "Revenue management under general discrete choice model of consumer behavior," Economics Working Papers 533, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2001.
- Dudey, Marc, 1992. "Dynamic Edgeworth-Bertrand Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1461-77, November.
- Xavier Vives, 2001. "Oligopoly Pricing: Old Ideas and New Tools," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026272040x, December.
- Houyuan Jiang & Zhan Pang, 2011. "Network capacity management under competition," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 287-326, October.
- Kalyan Talluri & Víctor Martínez de Albéniz, 2010. "Dynamic price competition with fixed capacities," Economics Working Papers 1205, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.