Regional diversity in the fruit sector in the European Union
AbstractThis article aims to identify the key groups of regions with respect to farms oriented to fruit and citrus production. Twenty variables of fruit and citrus oriented farms corresponding to forty-one regions of the European Union were analyzed. Seven groups emerged from cluster analysis. Only two of them showed good perspectives. Regions in the South of the Community need an important modernisation and restructuring process, which entails serious social consequences.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra in its series Economics Working Papers with number 379.
Date of creation: May 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.upf.edu/
Fruit sector; agriculture; cluster analysis; regions; European Union;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bureau, Jean Christophe & Butault, Jean-Pierre, 1992.
"Productivity Gaps, Price Advantages and Competitiveness in E.C. Agriculture,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 25-48.
- Bureau & Butault, 1992. "Productivity gaps, price advantages and competitiveness in EC agriculture," Working Papers 154986, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- J. Loyat, 1987. "La structure financière des exploitations agricoles dans les pays de la CEE," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 181(1), pages 73-79.
- Cordts, W & Deerberg, K-H & Hanf, C-H, 1984. "Analysis of the Intrasectoral Income Differences in West German Agriculture," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 11(3), pages 323-42.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.