Productivity Gaps, Price Advantages and Competitiveness in E.C. Agriculture
AbstractMultilateral Tornqvist indexes are used to estimate relative levels of efficiency in wheat, beet, hog, and milk production for the EC-10 countries. Purchasing Power Parities for aggregate input are computed, thanks to specific PPPs for the agricultural sector on the basic heading level. They make possible a comparison of price advantages (for output and input) among countries. Explanations of these variations in terms of real exchange rates, green parities, tax policy and output quality suggest that considerable distortions of competition subsist in spite of the agricultural common market. Copyright 1992 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1992)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Trueblood, Michael A., 1994. "An Annotated Bibliography Of Selected Productivity Literature," Staff Papers 13580, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Josep M. Argilés, 1999. "Regional diversity in the fruit sector in the European Union," Economics Working Papers 379, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Zawalinska, Katarzyna, 2005. "Changes in Competitiveness of Farm Sector in Candidate Countries Prior to the EU Accession: The Case of Poland," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24520, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Burrell, Alison M., 1995. "EU Agricultural Policy in 1993-94: Implementing CAP Reform," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 63(01), April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.