Measuring Vulnerability to Poverty
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper DP2002/58.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
vulnerability; poverty; poverty measurement; C.te d'Ivoire;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000. "Vulnerability, seasonality and poverty in Ethiopia," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 25-53.
- Morduch, J., 1995.
"Poverty and Vulnerability,"
477, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1978. "The Measurement of Mobility," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1013-24, September.
- Amin, Sajeda & Rai, Ashok S. & Topa, Giorgio, 2003.
"Does microcredit reach the poor and vulnerable? Evidence from northern Bangladesh,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 59-82, February.
- Sajeda Amin & Ashok S. Rai & Giorgio Topa, 1999. "Does Microcredit Reach the Poor and Vulnerable? Evidence from Northern Bangladesh," CID Working Papers 28, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Amin, S. & Rai, A.S. & Topa, G., 2000. "Does Microcredit Reach the Poor and Vulnerable? Evidence from Nothern Bangladesh," Papers 28, Chicago - Graduate School of Business.
- Amin, S. & Rai, A.S. & Topa, G., 1999. "Does Microcredit Reach the Poor and Vulnerable? Evidence from Northern Bangldesh," Working Papers 99-06, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Christiaan Grootaert & Ravi Kanbur & Gi-Taik Oh, 1997. "The dynamics of welfare gains and losses: An African case study," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 635-657.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1998. "Transient Poverty in Postreform Rural China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 338-357, June.
- Coulombe, H. & Demery, L., 1993. "Household Size in Cote d'Ivoire, Simpling Bias in the CILSS," Papers 97, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1997.
"Are the poor less well-insured? Evidence on vulnerability to income risk in rural China,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1863, The World Bank.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1999. "Are the poor less well insured? Evidence on vulnerability to income risk in rural China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 61-81, February.
- Townsend, R.M., 1991.
"Risk and Insurance in Village India,"
University of Chicago - Economics Research Center
91-3, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Robert M. Townsend, . "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 91-3a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Jacoby, Hanan G & Skoufias, Emmanuel, 1997. "Risk, Financial Markets, and Human Capital in a Developing Country," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 311-35, July.
- Ligon, Ethan, 2002. "Targeting and Informal Insurance," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gilbert,Christopher L. & Vines,David (ed.), 2000. "The World Bank," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521790956, November.
- Bob Baulch & John Hoddinott, 2000. "Economic mobility and poverty dynamics in developing countries," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 1-24.
- Fields, Gary S. & Ok, Efe A., 1996. "The Measurement of Income Mobility: An Introduction to the Literature," Working Papers 96-05, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Jarvis, Sarah & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1998. "How Much Income Mobility Is There in Britain?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 428-43, March.
- Lars Osberg & Andrew Sharpe, 2012. "Measuring Economic Insecurity in Rich and Poor Nations," CSLS Research Reports 2012-03, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- L. Cuna, 2004. "Assessing Household Vulnerability to Employment Shocks: A Simulation Methodology Applied to Bosnia and Herzegovina," Working Papers 528, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Vollenweider, Xavier & Di Falco, Salvatore & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2011. "The Impact Of Risk On The Inequality: Evidences From The Irish Agricultural Sector," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115553, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Katsushi Imai & Raghav Gaiha & Woojin Kang, 2011.
"Vulnerability and poverty dynamics in Vietnam,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 43(25), pages 3603-3618.
- Zhang, Yuan & Wan, Guanghua, 2008. "Can We Predict Vulnerability to Poverty?," Working Paper Series RP2008/82, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Basu, Kaushik & Nolen, Patrick, 2004. "Vulnerability, Unemployment and Poverty: A New Class of Measures, Its Axiomatic Properties and Application," Working Papers 04-07, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Gaiha, Raghav & Imai, Katsushi, 2008. "Measuring Vulnerability and Poverty: Estimates for Rural India," Working Paper Series RP2008/40, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Montalbano, Pierluigi & Federici, Alessandro & Triulzi, Umberto & Pietrobelli, Carlo, 2005. "Trade Openness and Vulnerability in Central and Eastern Europe," Working Paper Series RP2005/43, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- R Gaiha & K Imai, 2006. "Vulnerability and poverty in rural India-estimates for rural south India," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0602, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Valenzuela, Ernesto & Hertel, Thomas W., 2006. "Poverty Vulnerability and Trade Policy: Are the Likely Impacts Discernable?," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21397, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Xavier Vollenweider & Salvatore Di Falco & Cathal O’Donoghue, 2011. "The impact of risk on inequality: evidence from the Irish agricultural sector," Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment Working Papers 47, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.