Kernel density estimation for spatial processes: the L1 theory
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to investigate kernel density estimators for spatial processes with linear or nonlinear structures. Sufficient conditions for such estimators to converge in L1 are obtained under extremely general, verifiable conditions. The results hold for mixing as well as for nonmixing processes. Potential applications include testing for spatial interaction, the spatial analysis of causality structures, the definition of leading/lagging sites, the construction of clusters of comoving sites, etc.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its series ULB Institutional Repository with number 2013/2127.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in: Journal of Multivariate Analysis (2004) v.88,p.61-75
Other versions of this item:
- Hallin, Marc & Lu, Zudi & Tran, Lanh T., 2004. "Kernel density estimation for spatial processes: the L1 theory," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 61-75, January.
- Ban - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - - - -
- Ker - Law and Economics - - - - -
- den - - - - - -
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohamed El Machkouri, 2011. "Asymptotic normality of the Parzen–Rosenblatt density estimator for strongly mixing random fields," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 73-84, February.
- Jia Chen & Li-Xin Zhang, 2010. "Local linear M-estimation for spatial processes in fixed-design models," Metrika, Springer, vol. 71(3), pages 319-340, May.
- Jenish, Nazgul, 2012. "Nonparametric spatial regression under near-epoch dependence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 167(1), pages 224-239.
- Gao, Jiti & Lu, Zudi & Tjostheim, Dag, 2003.
"Estimation in semiparametric spatial regression,"
11979, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2005.
- Gao, Jiti & Lu, Zudi & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2008. "Moment inequalities for spatial processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(6), pages 687-697, April.
- Nadia Bensaïd & Sophie Dabo-Niang, 2010. "Frequency polygons for continuous random fields," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 55-80, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.