Spatial kernel regression estimation: weak consistency
AbstractIn this paper, we introduce a kernel method to estimate a spatial conditional regression under mixing spatial processes. Some preliminary statistical properties including weak consistency and convergence rates are investigated. The sufficient conditions on mixing coefficients and the bandwidth are established to ensure distribution-free weak consistency, which requires no assumption on the regressor and allows the mixing coefficients decreasing to zero slowly. However, to achieve an optimal convergence rate, some requirements on the regressor and the decreasing rate of mixing coefficients tending to zero are needed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 68 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tran, Lanh Tat, 1990. "Kernel density estimation on random fields," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 37-53, July.
- Kulkarni, P. M., 1992. "Estimation of parameters of a two-dimensional spatial autoregressive model with regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 157-162, September.
- Boente, Graciela & Fraiman, Ricardo, 1988. "Consistency of a nonparametric estimate of a density function for dependent variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 90-99, April.
- Masry, Elias & Györfi, László, 1987. "Strong consistency and rates for recursive probability density estimators of stationary processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 79-93, June.
- Marc Hallin & Michel Carbon & Lanh T. Tran, 1996. "Kernel density estimation on random fields: the L1 theory," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2065, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Zudi Lu & Lanh T. Tran, 2001. "Density estimation for spatial linear processes," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2109, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Tran, L. T. & Yakowitz, S., 1993. "Nearest Neighbor Estimators for Random Fields," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 23-46, January.
- Ioannides, D. & Roussas, G. G., 1987. "Note on the uniform convergence of density estimates for mixing random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 279-285, June.
- Chen Jia & Zhang Lixin & Li Degui, 2008. "Spatial local M-estimation under association," Metrika, Springer, vol. 67(1), pages 11-29, January.
- Jia Chen & Li-Xin Zhang, 2010. "Local linear M-estimation for spatial processes in fixed-design models," Metrika, Springer, vol. 71(3), pages 319-340, May.
- Jenish, Nazgul, 2012. "Nonparametric spatial regression under near-epoch dependence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 167(1), pages 224-239.
- Mohamed El Machkouri, 2011. "Asymptotic normality of the Parzen–Rosenblatt density estimator for strongly mixing random fields," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 73-84, February.
- Gao, Jiti & Lu, Zudi & Tjostheim, Dag, 2003.
"Estimation in semiparametric spatial regression,"
11979, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2005.
- Sophie Dabo-Niang & Anne-Françoise Yao, 2013. "Kernel spatial density estimation in infinite dimension space," Metrika, Springer, vol. 76(1), pages 19-52, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.