Un accordo sulla produttivitÃ pieno di nulla (di buono)
AbstractIn this paper we discuss and arise several critics to the National Agreement signed on the 21st November 2012 by trade unions (except the larger Italian trade unions CGIL) and employers associations on productivity and competitiveness, called "Linee programmatiche per la crescita della produttivitÃ e della competitivitÃ in Italia". The Agreement does not constitute an improvement in Italian industrial relations and will not contribute to stop the decline of productivity of national industrial system. Neither it does tackle the question of trade union recognition and that of contract enforceability, which are postponed in the future. The Pact is far away from the more relevant Social Pact signed in 1993 by social partners and Government, who introduced the two levels bargaining system, national and firm levels, and mark also a backward step respect the 2011 Agreement signed by all trade unions organizations, enclosed CGIL.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Ferrara, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2013012.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 01 Jan 2013
Date of revision:
Productivity; Social Pact; Wages;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- J5 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-09 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Werner Pramstahler, 2013. "Die Odyssee der kollektiven Arbeitsbeziehungen Italiens: 20 Jahre nach dem Abkommen von 1993," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 39(1), pages 27-42.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alberto Benati).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.