Comparación de la Eficiencia Técnica de los Sectores Productivos Regionales: 1980-1995"
AbstractThe aim of this article is to estimate the technical efficiency of the productive regional sectors and explore the influence of the infrastructure endowments in this analysis. To do this, we used the non parametric approach of DEA to compute Malmquist productivity indexes that allow us to descompose productivity growth into efficiency change and technical progress. Our results suggest that productive infrastructure allows to obtain gains in pure and scale technical efficiency that have contributed to productivity in growth in the Spanish economy over the period 1980-1995.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales in its series Documentos del Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico with number 0305.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Eficiencia Técnica; Infraestructuras productivas; Índice de Malmquist; Análisis de envolvente de datos;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-12-07 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Águeda González Abad).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.