Author Identification in Economics, ... and Beyond
AbstractIdentifying authorship correctly and efficiently is a difficult problem when the literature is abundant, but poorly recorded. Homonyms are tedious to differentiate. This paper describes how the field of economics has organized itself with respect to author identification. We describe the RePEc project with a special emphasis on the RePEc Author Service. We then discuss how the concept is currently being expanded to the entire scientific body with the AuthorClaim project.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by German Council for Social and Economic Data (RatSWD) in its series Working Paper Series of the German Council for Social and Economic Data with number 222.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
ratswd; ratswd working paper; data sharing; datenmanagement; nachnutzung; deutschland; sekundärnutzung; replikation; datenverfügbarkeit; open access; forschungsinfrastruktur; metadaten; metadata; forschungsdatenzentrum; politikberatung; author identification; economics; authorclaim; repec;
Other versions of this item:
- Thomas Krichel & Christian Zimmermann, 2012. "Author identification in economics, ... and beyond," Working Papers 2012-018, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-PKE-2013-08-31 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2013-08-31 (Sociology of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian Zimmermann, 1997. "Step-by-step instructions for the creation of a RePEc archive," RePEc and ReDIf documentation stepbystep, RePEc Team.
- Thomas Krichel, 1997. "Guildford Protocol," RePEc and ReDIf documentation guildp, RePEc Team.
- Jose Manuel Barrueco Cruz & Thomas Krichel, 1999. "Cataoging Economics preprints: an introduction to the RePEc project," RePEc and ReDIf documentation shankari, RePEc Team.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RatSWD) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask RatSWD to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.