Covariate Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power
AbstractThe selection of the truncation lag for covariate unit root tests is analyzed using Monte Carlo simulation. It is shown that standard information criteria such as the BIC or the AIC can result in tests with large size distortions. Modifi ed information criteria can be used to construct tests with good size and power. An empirical illustration is provided.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Alberta, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2011-4.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 01 May 2011
Date of revision:
unit root tests; truncation lag; information criteria; vector autoregressions;
Other versions of this item:
- Fossati, Sebastian, 2012. "Covariate unit root tests with good size and power," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3070-3079.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2011-06-18 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2011-06-18 (Econometric Time Series)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sebastian Fossati, 2013.
"Unit root testing with stationary covariates and a structural break in the trend function,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 368-384, 05.
- Fossati, Sebastian, 2011. "Unit Root Testing with Stationary Covariates and a Structural Break in the Trend Function," Working Papers 2011-10, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Kazuki Hiraga, 2011. "New Methods for Testing the Sustainability of Government Debt," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2011-020, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brenda Carrier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.