The Country-Product-Dummy Method: A Stochastic Approach to the Computation of Purchasing Power Parities in the ICP
AbstractA paper for presentation at the SSHRC Conference on Index Numbers and Productivity Measurement to be held during 30 June ï¿½ 3 July, 2004 in Vancouver. The author wishes to thank Bettina Aten, Erwin Diewert, Alan Heston, Chris Oï¿½Donnell and Marcel Timmer for helpful discussions on the subject matter of this paper.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia in its series CEPA Working Papers Series with number WP032004.
Date of creation: Jun 2004
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-01-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clements, Kenneth W & Izan, H Y, 1981. "A Note on Estimating Divisia Index Numbers," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(3), pages 745-47, October.
- Hill, R., 1995. "Chained PPPs and Minimum Spanning Trees," Papers 95/40, New South Wales - School of Economics.
- Erwin Diewert, 2005. "Weighted Country Product Dummy Variable Regressions And Index Number Formulae," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(4), pages 561-570, December.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:173 is not listed on IDEAS
- D. S. Prasada Rao, 2005. "On The Equivalence Of Weighted Country-Product-Dummy (Cpd) Method And The Rao-System For Multilateral Price Comparisons," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(4), pages 571-580, December.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- Selvanathan, E. A. & Prasada Rao, D. S., 1992. "An econometric approach to the construction of generalized Theil-Tornqvist indices for multilateral comparisons," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 335-346.
- Fadi Hassan, 2011. "The Penn-Belassa-Samuelson Effect in Developing Countries: Price and Income Revisited," CEP Discussion Papers dp1056, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gholamreza Hajargasht & D. S. Prasada Rao, 2010.
"Stochastic Approach To Index Numbers For Multilateral Price Comparisons And Their Standard Errors,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(s1), pages S32-S58, 06.
- Gholamreza Hajargasht & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2008. "Stochastic Approach to Index Numbers for Multilateral Price Comparisons and their Standard Errors," CEPA Working Papers Series WP062008, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Mick Silver, 2009. "The Hedonic Country Product Dummy Method and Quality Adjustments for Purchasing Power Parity Calculations," IMF Working Papers 09/271, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Randal Anderson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.