The Specification and Influence of Goods and Factor Markets in Open Economy Macroeconomic Models
AbstractThis paper explores the structure and specification of goods and factor markets in open economy macro models. Simple benchmark models are set up which abstract entirely from market structure and focus on goods market structure. These real and monetary factors are combined in a full employment context, then in an unemployment/ variable output context. We consider some applications of specie-flow mechanisms and the purchasing power parity doctrine.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Queen's University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 499.
Date of creation: 1982
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Bruce, Neil & Purvis, Douglas D., 1985. "The specification and influence of goods and factor markets in open-economy macroeconomic models," Handbook of International Economics, in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 807-857 Elsevier.
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Torben M. Andersen & Allan Sørensen, 2012.
"Globalization, Tax Distortions, and Public-Sector Retrenchment,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 114(2), pages 409-439, 06.
- Torben M. Andersen & Allan Sørensen, 2010. "Globalization, tax distortions and public sector retrenchment," Economics Working Papers 2010-09, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Smith, Peter N., 2000. "Output price determination and the business cycle," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 49-69, January.
- Philippe Aghion & Philippe Bacchetta & Abhijit Banerjee, 2000.
"Capital Markets and the Instability of Open Economies,"
99.01 update, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Aghion, Philippe & Bacchetta, Philippe & Banerjee, Abhijit, 1999. "Capital Markets and the Instability of Open Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 2083, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Aghion & Philippe Bacchetta & Abhijit Banerjee, 1999. "Capital Markets and the Instability of Open Economies," Working Papers 99.01, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Panagiotis Liargovas, 1999. "An Assessment of Real Exchange Rate Movements in the Transition Economies of Central and Eastern Europe," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 299-318.
- Viaene, J.-M., 1991.
"Real Effects of the 1992 Financial Deregulation,"
500, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Jean-Marie Viaene, 1992. "Real effects of the 1992 financial deregulation," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 128(4), pages 615-638, December.
- Moschos, D. & Stournaras, Y., 1998. "Domestic and foreign price links in an aggregate supply framework: The case of Greece," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 141-157, June.
- Bjørnstad, Roger & Kalstad, Kjartan Øren, 2010.
"Increased price markup from union coordination: OECD panel evidence,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 4(30), pages 1-37.
- Bjørnstad, Roger & Kalstad, Kjartan Øren, 2010. "Increased price markup from union coordination: OECD panel evidence," Economics Discussion Papers 2010-13, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Roger Bjørnstad & Kjartan Øren Kalstad, 2006. "Increased Price Markup from Union Coordination. OECD Panel Evidence," Discussion Papers 470, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Jyh-Lin Wu, 1994. "Fiscal announcements and real exchange rate dynamics," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 177-190, March.
- Dr Anthony J. Makin & Alexander Robson, 2002. "The Welfare Cost Of Capital Immobility And Capital Controls," Discussion Papers Series 318, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- A J Makin, 2005. "A Monetary Model of Exchange Rate and Balance of Payments Adjustment," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 10(1), pages 25-36, March.
- Nikolina Kosteletou & Panagiotis Liargovas, 2000. "Foreign Direct Investment and Real Exchange Rate Interlinkages," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 135-148, April.
- Davis, George K. & Miller, Norman C., 1996. "Exchange rate mean reversion from real shocks within an intertemporal equilibrium model," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 947-967, December.
- Torben Andersen & Niels Hansen, 1995. "Price adjustment in open economies," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 303-321, October.
- Zervoyianni, Athina, 1996. "Product-market openness and dynamic responses to exogenous shocks and policies in a two-country, two-goods model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 269-290.
- Makin, Anthony J., 1998. "A dependent economy model of public expenditure and the exchange rate," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 453-463.
- H. Molana & T. Moutos, 1992. "Returns to scale, imperfect competition and aggregate demand and trade policy effects in a two-country model," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 271-295, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.