Fiscal Adjustment for Sustainable Growth in the Dominican Republic
AbstractIn preparing this paper we have examined all the major tax systems in the Dominican Republic except the property tax. Our focus was both on the short term revenue requirements of the government as well as on the tax reform measures that are needed in order to meet the longer term revenue requirements of the public sector in an environment where tariff and institutional barriers to international trade are being reduced.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by JDI Executive Programs in its series Development Discussion Papers with number 2004-01.
Length: 77 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2004
Date of revision:
Dominican Republic; tax reform; individual income tax; corporation income tax; value added tax; excise tax; taxation of international trade; taxation and economic integration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oscar E. Melhado, 2003. "Fiscal Sustainability and Resource Mobilization in the Dominican Republic," IMF Working Papers 03/19, International Monetary Fund.
- Glenn P. Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo & Keh-Nan Sun, 2003. "Taxation and Economic Development in Taiwan," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 734-735, October.
- World Bank, 2005. "Dominican Republic : Review of Trade and Labor Competitiveness," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8531, The World Bank.
- Glenn Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo, 2004. "Tax Expenditures In The Dominican Republic," Development Discussion Papers 2005-01, JDI Executive Programs.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafik Majidov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.