Interior Optima and the Inada Conditions
AbstractWe present a new proof of the interiority of the policy function based on the Inada conditions. It is based on supporting properties of concave functions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Purdue University, Department of Economics in its series Purdue University Economics Working Papers with number 1198.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2007
Date of revision:
growth model ; Inada conditions ; policy function;
Other versions of this item:
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-04-21 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2007-04-21 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Majumdar, Mukul & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1987. "Optimal growth in a stochastic environment: Some sensitivity and turnpike results," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 116-133, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Krannert PHD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.