Loss Given Default Modelling under the Asymptotic Single Risk Factor Assumption
AbstractThe proposals of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision for the revision of minimum requirements for bank's risk capital leave the quanti¯cation of loss-given-default (LGD) parameter used for capital calculation unspeci¯ed. This paper proposes a new methodology for incorporating LGD parameter explicitly into the Basel risk weight function. Numerical examples based on the new methodology are compared to the current proposals of the Basel committee on Banking Supervision.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 860.
Date of creation: 17 Nov 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies 2.36(2007): pp. 223-236
LGD; Single Risk Factor; Basel;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2006-11-25 (Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2006-11-25 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dirk Tasche, 2004. "The single risk factor approach to capital charges in case of correlated loss given default rates," Papers cond-mat/0402390, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2004.
- Gordy, Michael B., 2003.
"A risk-factor model foundation for ratings-based bank capital rules,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 199-232, July.
- Michael B. Gordy, 2002. "A risk-factor model foundation for ratings-based bank capital rules," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-55, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Michael B. Gordy, 1998.
"A comparative anatomy of credit risk models,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1998-47, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Balogh Peter & BOLOCAN DRAGOS-MIHAIL, 2010. "The Management Of Credit Risk According To Internal Ratings- Based Approach," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 665-671, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.