Synergetic interactions among four regions in the state of Paraná, Brazil: an interregional input-output analysis
AbstractIn the last two decades the economy of the State of Paraná, Brazil, presented higher growth rates than the Brazilian economy such that today it contributes to around 6,5% of the Brazilian GDP. In the State one can find four main pole-regions of economic activity: a) Curitiba; b) Londrina; c) Ponta Grossa; and d) Cascavel. From the national input-output tables for Brazil for the year of 1995, and using information from various national and state economic census, a regional input-output table for the state was constructed and then used to estimate an interregional table at the level of the above four regions. Using this interregional input-output system this paper classifies the types of synergetic interactions that do occur among the four regions such that it is possible to analyze how the transactions happen among the pole-regions and how this may have contributed to the higt growth rates verified in the state.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 54672.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Input-output; Paraná; Brazil;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sonis, Michael & Hewings, Geoffrey,J.D. & Miyazawa, Kenich, 1997. "Synergetic Interactions within the Pair-wise Hierarchy of Economic Linkages Sub-Systems," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 38(2), pages 183-199, December.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2011.
"Análise de Insumo-Produto: Teoria e Fundamentos
[Input-Output Analysis: Theory and Foundations]," MPRA Paper 32566, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2001.
"Leontief e insumo-produto: antecedentes, princípios e evolução
[Leotief and input-output: background, principles and evolution]," MPRA Paper 54649, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.