Productive relations in the northeast and the rest of Brazil regions in 1995: decomposition & synergy in input-output systems
AbstractUsing a set of interregional input-output tables built by Guilhoto (1998) for 1995 for two Brazilian regions (Northeast and rest of the economy), the methodology developed by Sonis et al. (1997) is applied in the construction of a series of linkages such that it is possible to examine, through the nature of the internal and external interdependencies, the structure of trading relationships between the two regions. The methodology uses a partitioned input-output system and exploits techniques that produce left and right matrix multipliers of the Leontief Inverse. This procedure facilitates the classification of the types of synergetic interactions within a preset pair-wise hierarchy of economic linkages subsystems. In general, the results show that the Northeast region has a greater dependence on the rest of the economy region than the rest of the economy has on the Northeast region, and at the same time the rest of the economy region seems to be more developed as it presents a more complex productive structure than the Northeast region.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 38326.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sonis, Michael & Hewings, Geoffrey,J.D. & Miyazawa, Kenich, 1997. "Synergetic Interactions within the Pair-wise Hierarchy of Economic Linkages Sub-Systems," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 38(2), pages 183-199, December.
- Miyazawa, Kenichi, 1966. "Internal and External Matrix Multipliers in the Input-Output Model," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 7(1), pages 38-55, June.
- Figueiredo, Margarida Garcia de & Barros, Alexandre Lahós Mendonça de & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2005.
"Relação econômica dos setores agrícolas do Estado do Mato Grosso com os demais setores pertencentes tanto ao Estado quanto ao restante do Brasil
[Economic relationship of the agricultural secto," MPRA Paper 38216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sesso Filho, U. A. & Moretto, A. C. & Rodrigues, R. L. & Guilhoto, J. J. M., 2006.
"Interações sinérgicas e transbordamento do efeito multiplicador de produção das grandes regiões do Brasil
[Synergistic interactions and overflow of the multiplier effect of the production fro," MPRA Paper 38044, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.