Neimark-Sacker bifurcation for the discrete-delay Kaldor model
AbstractWe consider a discrete-delay time, Kaldor non-linear business cycle model in income and capital. Given an investment function, resembling the one discussed by Rodano, we use the linear approximation analysis to state the local stability property and local bifurcations, in the parameter space. Finally, we will give some numerical examples to justify the theoretical results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 5415.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
business cycle; Neimark-Sacker bifurcation; discrete-delay time;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C69 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Other
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2007-10-27 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2007-10-27 (Post Keynesian Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gian-Italo Bischi & Vincenzo Valori, 2000. "Nonlinear effects in a discrete-time dynamic model of a stock market," Working Papers - Mathematical Economics, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa 2000-01, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Giorgio Rodano & Gian Italo Bischi & Enrico Saltari & Roberto Dieci, 2001. "Multiple attractors and global bifurcations in a Kaldor-type business cycle model," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 11(5), pages 527-554.
- Loretti I. Dobrescu & Dumitru Opris, 2008. "Hopf bifurcation for the discrete - delay Kaldor - Kalecki model," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno" 0067, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Loretti I. Dobrescu & Dumitru Opris, 2008. "Hopf bifurcation and chaos analysis of a discrete-delay dynamic model for a stock market," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno" 0082, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.