Mechanizm wczesnego ostrzegania firm inwestycyjnych
[Early warning mechanism of bankruptcy for investment companies]
AbstractThe entire market of Polish financial broker-dealer was examined. The research was conducted on the first year of implementation of the capital requirements disclosure. There was identified a relation between accounting and supervisory disclosure requirements. A relation between audit opinions in 2009 and 2010, as well SREP results and audit opinions 2010 was detected. There was a relation identified between type of audit opinion and SREP ranking. The relation of SREP rating and breach of capital requirement was described.. A supervisory early warning mechanism for capital deficiency was identified. A financial statement disclosure mechanism has been reconciled to the supervisory one. A further research ideas were outlined.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 44290.
Date of creation: 07 Feb 2013
Date of revision:
Risk; Bankruptcy; Capital requirements; CRD; Investment companies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M42 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Auditing
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Staszkiewicz, Piotr W., 2010.
"Ryzyko struktury: Rys koncepcyjny
[The Risk of the Structure: Initial proposal]," MPRA Paper 34257, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 May 2011.
- Decamps, Jean-Paul & Rochet, Jean-Charles & Roger, Benoit, 2004.
"The three pillars of Basel II: optimizing the mix,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 132-155, April.
- DÃ©camps, Jean-Paul & Rochet, Jean-Charles & Roger, BenoÃ®t, 2003. "The Three Pillars of Basel II, Optimizing the Mix," IDEI Working Papers, Institut d'Ã‰conomie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse 179, Institut d'Ã‰conomie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Piotr, Staszkiewicz, 2012. "Model for reputational risk for subsidiaries of non-public group with reciprocal shareholding," MPRA Paper 35812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Battalio, Robert H, 1997. " Third Market Broker-Dealers: Cost Competitors or Cream Skimmers?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 341-52, March.
- Gordy, Michael B. & Howells, Bradley, 2006. "Procyclicality in Basel II: Can we treat the disease without killing the patient?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 395-417, July.
- Conrad, Jennifer & Johnson, Kevin M. & Wahal, Sunil, 2003. "Institutional trading and alternative trading systems," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 99-134, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.