Sullo statuto teorico dell'offerta di moneta: un dibattito con Augusto Graziani
[On the theoretic status of the supply of money: a debate with Augusto Graziani]
AbstractIn this article the debate between Prof. Augusto Graziani and the author on the monetary theory of production is carried further on. The main purpose of the paper is to delineate - along Keynesian lines and in opposition to the theory of the credit money circuit - a consistent and realistic view of the nature of the supply of money, general enough to embrace as limit-cases both a strictly endogenous and a strictly exogenous money supply. The interdependence of the supply and demand for money is explicitely recognized, as well as the central bank ability to control in the short term either the money supply or its supply price.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43888.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Studi Economici 59.51(1996): pp. 99-126
money supply; Keynes; Graziani; monetary theory;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moore, Basil J, 1988. "The Endogeneity of Money: A Comment," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 35(3), pages 291-94, August.
- Basil J. Moore, 1988. "The Endogenous Money Supply," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 10(3), pages 372-385, April.
- Davidson, Paul & Weintraub, Sidney, 1973. "Money as Cause and Effect," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 83(332), pages 1117-32, December.
- Cavalieri, Duccio, 1994. "La teoria monetaria di Keynes e i teorici del circuito: a proposito di un libro di Augusto Graziani," MPRA Paper 43887, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- cavalieri, duccio, 2003. "On the closure of the monetary circuit," MPRA Paper 43836, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cavalieri, Duccio, 1999.
"Il circuito della moneta e il finanziamento dell'economia. Un'analisi teorica
[Monetary circuit and economy financing: a theoretical analysis]," MPRA Paper 43895, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cavalieri, Duccio, 2004. "On Some Equilibrium and Disequilibrium Theories of Endogenous Money: A Structuralist View," MPRA Paper 43738, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cavalieri, Duccio, 2006. "The difficult task of integrating money in the theory of production," MPRA Paper 44097, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.