The change of the value of the RMB and its influences on China
AbstractThe issue of the change of the value of the Chinese currency has been focused by the world for several years. Its influences on not only China but also the rest of the world could not be neglected. Briefly historical background of the change of the Chinese currency as well as the influences it caused will be discussed in this essay by using the Mundell-Fleming Model as the basic concept to research and explain the particular situation in China. The result is that China should do the steady appreciation in terms of its currency rather than revalue it rapidly to improve the Chinese economy and several recommendations will be listed as well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43733.
Date of creation: 08 Jul 2012
Date of revision:
exchange rate; FDI; monetary policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- F0 - International Economics - - General
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2013-01-19 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2013-01-19 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2013-01-19 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.