A Study of the Effect of Macroeconomic Variables on Stock Market: Indian Perspective
AbstractResult of this study help in exploring whether the movement of Bombay Stock Exchanges indices is the outcome of some selected macroeconomic variables or it is one of the causes of movement in those variables of the Indian economy. The study consider macroeconomic variables as Index of Industrial production (IIP), Consumer Price Index (CPI), Call Money Rate (CMR), Dollar Price (DP), Foreign Institutional Investment (FII), Crude Oil Prices (CO), Gold Price (GP) and Bombay Stock Exchanges indices in the form of SENSEX, BSE- Metals, Auto, Capital Goods, Fast Moving Consumer Goods and Consumer Durables by using monthly data that span from April, 2005 to March, 2012. More specifically, in the study we use ADF test, Correlation and Regression analysis and Granger Casually test to see the effect of macroeconomic variables on Bombay Stock Exchange Indices and vice versa (by using Granger Causality test) and found some interesting results for our study analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43313.
Date of creation: 19 Nov 2012
Date of revision:
Descriptive Statistics; ADF Test; Correlation Matrix; Econometric Regression Model; Granger Causality Test;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Naka, Atsuyuki & Mukherjee, Tarun K. & Tufte, David R., 1998. "Macroeconomic variables and the performance of the Indian Stock Market," Working Papers 1998-06, University of New Orleans, Department of Economics and Finance.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.