Book review: The long divergence: how Islamic law held back the Middle East by Timur Kuran
AbstractThis is a critical evaluation of the book entitled The Long Divergence:How Islamic Law Held Back the Middle East by Timur Kuran.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 42146.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision: 2012
Publication status: Published in Journal of King Abdulaziz University - Islamic Economics 2.25(2012): pp. 253-261
Economic History of Middle East; Ottoman Economic History; Decadence of Muslim East; Islamic law;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N85 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Asia including Middle East
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- P00 - Economic Systems - - General - - - General
- K00 - Law and Economics - - General - - - General (including Data Sources and Description)
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
- N80 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - General, International, or Comparative
- B00 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General - - - History of Economic Thought, Methodology, and Heterodox Approaches
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2012-11-03 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2012-11-03 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HIS-2012-11-03 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Islahi, Abdul Azim, 2006. "The emergence of mercantilism as a reaction against Muslim power: some of the evidences from history," MPRA Paper 18384, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Feb 2007.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.