The long diverfence: how Islamic law held back the Middle East by Timur Kuran
AbstractThis is a critical evaluation of the book entitled The Long Divergence:How Islamic Law Held Back the Middle East by Timur Kuran.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 40877.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision: 2012
Publication status: Published in Journal of King Abdulaziz University - Islamic Economics 2.25(2012): pp. 253-261
Economic History of Middle East; Ottoman Economic History; Decadence of Muslim East;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P00 - Economic Systems - - General - - - General
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- K00 - Law and Economics - - General - - - General (including Data Sources and Description)
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
- N95 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Asia including Middle East
- B00 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General - - - History of Economic Thought, Methodology, and Heterodox Approaches
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2012-09-03 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2012-09-03 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HIS-2012-09-03 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.