Comparación internacional de sistemas de previsión social
[International comparison of social security systems]
AbstractThe pension system is an essential component within social security. Due to several reasons, among which the current international financial crisis and the rapid aging of the population that is happening in many countries outstand, throughout these last few years several reforms have been implemented; such as increases in the retirement age, payment facilities to purchase the missing contributions, changes in the types of regimes, etc.-. In this paper we made a comparison between the pension systems of nine selected countries -seven in Latin America and two in Europe – so as to obtain a global view about which is the current situation, the strengths and opportunities that should be pursued and which are the weaknesses to now confront and the threats that might arise in the medium term.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 41336.
Date of creation: 13 Mar 2012
Date of revision:
sistemas de previsión social; cobertura previsional; comparación internacional;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- H00 - Public Economics - - General - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jimeno, Juan F. & Rojas, Juan A. & Puente, Sergio, 2008.
"Modelling the impact of aging on social security expenditures,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 201-224, March.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Juan A. Rojas & Sergio Puente, 2006. "Modeling the impact of aging on social security expenditures," Banco de Espaï¿½a Occasional Papers 0601, Banco de Espa�a.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.