İşletme Kuluçkalarında Sunulan Destek Hizmetlerinin Yeni Kurulan Firmaların Hayatta Kalabilirliği Üzerine Etkisi: İş Geliştirme Merkezleri (İŞGEM) Örneği
[The Effects of Business Incubator Support Services on Survivability of Newly Established Firms: The Case of Business Development Centers]
AbstractBusiness incubators are mechanisms which aim to formation and development of new ventures and to survive of these ventures through various supportive services. The aim of this study is to examine the effects of business incubator programs and its services on tenant firm performance in the context of Business Development Centers (ISGEMs). The study consists of 414 firms and 12 business incubators in Turkey. Within the framework of research model, business incubator services were categorized in 4 groups as (1) office services, (2) shared/common services, (3) education/training services and (4) counseling services and results show that all service groups have significant and positive effects on firms’ survival probabilities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 40785.
Date of creation: Jun 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Global Journal of Economics and Business Studies 1.1(2012): pp. 13-21
Business Incubators; New Firm Formation; Survival Analysis; Business Development Centers; Cox Proportional Hazard Regression Model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, and Operations
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Storey, D. J. & Tether, B. S., 1998. "New technology-based firms in the European union: an introduction," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 933-946, April.
- Phan, Phillip H. & Siegel, Donald S. & Wright, Mike, 2005. "Science parks and incubators: observations, synthesis and future research," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-182, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.