Factors influencing quality of life in patients with active tuberculosis in Pakistan
AbstractEvidently Tuberculosis remains a major threat to public health globally. Latterly academia with exertion dedication has tried to extract the health related quality of life of the people with active tuberculosis. Meager studies in Pakistan have tried to explore the factors that influences patient’s health related quality of life besides the disease. The intentions of this study were to scrutinize the factors that influences patient’s quality of life with active tuberculosis in Pakistan. By using SF-36, 120 patients of tuberculosis were interviewed at TB hospital Sargodha. Results reveals that female patients are enjoying better quality of life as compared to male and rural patient’s quality of life scores are better than urban patients. Multiple regression results show that disease severity, use of drugs and death threat are the factors that negatively affect the patients HRQOL.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 40043.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in World Applied Sciences Journal 3.18(2012): pp. 1-9
HRQOL; TB; Pakistan;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Awan, Masood Sarwar & Waqas, Muhammad & Aslam, Muhammad Amir & Abbas, Faisal, 2011. "Health related quality of life assessment in patients with hepatitis: a case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 30770, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Awan, Masood Sarwar & Waqas, Muhammad & Ali, Mumtaz & Aslam, Muhammad Amir, 2011. "Status of Health related Quality of life between HBV and HCV Patients of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 31933, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Awan, Masood Sarwar & Waqas, Muhammad & Aslam, Muhammad Amir & Sarwar, Muhammad, 2011. "Measurement of SF-6D utility among patients with active tuberculosis," MPRA Paper 31816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.