Measurement of SF-6D utility among patients with active tuberculosis
AbstractInspite of so much development in medical technology, Tuberculosis (TB) is still the problem for humans. Few studies, in Pakistan highlighted the factors that affect patients health related quality of life (HRQOL) with active TB. The aim of this study is to measure short form six dimension (Sf-6D) utility scores of patients with active TB of Sargodha district. 120 active TB patients were interviewed and short form-36 questionnaire was followed. District TB hospital of Sargodha district was visited. Results show that Utility scores of female patients were better than male, while patients belong to urban areas have better utility scores as compared to rural patients of TB. Indoor patient’s utility scores were better than outdoor patients. Disease severity, use of drugs, depression, pain and death threat were the factors that negatively affect the patients health related quality of life, while opportunity of leisure and income level increase patients HRQOL.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 31816.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Global Journal of Health Science 1.3(2011): pp. 203-208
Sf-6D; Pakistan; TB;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Awan, Masood Sarwar & Waqas, Muhammad & Ali, Mumtaz & Aslam, Muhammad Amir, 2011. "Status of Health related Quality of life between HBV and HCV Patients of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 31933, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khan, Amir & Walley, John & Newell, James & Imdad, Naghma, 2000. "Tuberculosis in Pakistan: socio-cultural constraints and opportunities in treatment," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 247-254, January.
- Masood, Sarwar Awan & Muhammad, Waqas & Muhammad, Amir Aslam, 2012. "Factors influencing quality of life in patients with active tuberculosis in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 40043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.