Health related quality of life assessment in patients with hepatitis: a case of Pakistan
AbstractThe intention of this study is to dig out the demographic, medical, economic and psychosocial factors that affect the health related quality of life of the hepatitis B and C patient in district Sargodha. 120 patients of hepatitis B and C virus were interviewed. WHOQOL-BREF questionnaire was followed for the construction of health-related quality of life (HRQOL) instrument. Age of the patient, disease severity, use of drug, pain, depression, financial hindrance and threat of death negatively affect the HRQOL of the hepatitis patient while, vaccination, income, education, sleep, opportunity of leisure and better living condition affect HRQOL positively.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30770.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business 1.3(2011): pp. 1259-1268
HRQOL; HBV; HCV; Pakistan;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I0 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Awan, Masood Sarwar & Waqas, Muhammad & Ali, Mumtaz & Aslam, Muhammad Amir, 2011. "Status of Health related Quality of life between HBV and HCV Patients of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 31933, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masood, Sarwar Awan & Muhammad, Waqas & Muhammad, Amir Aslam, 2012. "Factors influencing quality of life in patients with active tuberculosis in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 40043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.